Fort St. John Airport
|Fort St. John Airport
North Peace Airport
Fort St. John Airport, BC
|Operator||North Peace Airport Services Ltd.|
|Location||Fort St. John, British Columbia|
|Time zone||MST (UTC−07:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||2,280 ft / 695 m|
Fort St. John Airport (IATA: YXJ, ICAO: CYXJ), North Peace Regional Airport, or North Peace Airport, is located at Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada. The airport is operated by North Peace Airport Services Ltd (a subsidiary of Vancouver International Airport Authority). A new record of 257,295 passengers came through the airport in 2015, up from the 252,729 passengers seen in 2014. 
In 2013, WestJet Encore announced regular scheduled service to Calgary and Vancouver, representing a major expansion of airline service to the Fort St. John market. Scheduled service to Vancouver is also provided by Air Canada Express.
Fort St. John Airport currently has two runways. Runway 11/29 is a 6,909 by 150 ft (2,106 by 46 m) paved runway, while runway 02/20 is a 6,698 by 200 ft (2,042 by 61 m) paved runway.
Current Airline Service
|Air Canada Express||Vancouver|
|Central Mountain Air||Dawson Creek, Edmonton, Fort Nelson, Prince George|
|North Cariboo Air||Charter: Vancouver|
|WestJet Encore||Calgary, Vancouver|
Historical airline service
Commencing in the early 1940s, Canadian Pacific Air Lines and its successors CP Air and Canadian Airlines International operated scheduled passenger service to Vancouver, British Columbia; Edmonton, Alberta; Prince George, British Columbia; Whitehorse, Yukon; Fort Nelson, British Columbia; Grande Prairie, Alberta and Watson Lake, Yukon. CP Air served the airport with Boeing 737-200 jetliners during the 1970s with direct, no change of plane flights to all of the above destinations. Other Canadian Pacific flights into the airport over the years were operated with such twin engine prop aircraft as the Lockheed Lodestar, the Douglas DC-3 and the Convair 240 as well as with the larger, four engine Douglas DC-6B propliner and Bristol Britannia turboprop.
Upper Winds Air Ltd.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 5 January 2017 to 0901Z 2 March 2017
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information Archived December 1, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations
- http://www.timetableimages.com, July 15, 1970 CP Air system timetable
- North American Official Airline Guide (OAG), Feb. 1, 1976 edition, Fort St. John flight schedules
- http://www.timetableimages.com, Dec. 1, 1943; Nov. 1, 1953; April 29, 1962 & April 24, 1966 Canadian Pacific Air Lines system timetables
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fort St. John Airport.|
- Fort St. John Airport
- Vancouver Airport Services (YVRAS)
- COPA Page about this airport on COPA's Places to Fly airport directory
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Fort St. John Airport from Nav Canada as available.
|This article about an airport in British Columbia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|