Fort de Bellegarde
The Fort de Bellegarde (Fort or Castell de Bellaguarda / Bellaguàrdia in Catalan) is a 17th-century bastion fortification located above the town of Le Perthus, in the Pyrénées-Orientales département of southern France.
In 1678, Vauban's plans for the new fortress of Bellegarde were approved.
The fort is open to the public between June and September only and includes exhibits on the history of the fort, its archaeology and the surrounding area. As a property of the state, it has been listed since 1967 as a monument historique by the French Ministry of Culture.
- historyofwar.org, Napoleonic War website entry.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fort de Bellegarde.|
- Ministry of Culture listing for Fort de Bellegarde (in French)
- Ministry of Culture photos
- The Fortress of Bellegarde - Roussillon
- Fort Bellegarde at fortified-places.com