Forte (notation program)
Forte application interface
|Developer(s)||Lugert Verlag GmbH|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||German, English|
|Type||Scorewriter (Music notation)|
Forte is a music notation program or Scorewriter developed by the German company Lugert Verlag located in Handorf. Its name is derived from the dynamic marking forte. The program is available in German and English.
The Lugert Verlag publishing house who developed the Forte software is said to have had its beginnings in 1981 when Wulf Dieter Lugert and Volker Schütz prepared popular music for further education courses. The use of popular music in the classroom was unusual in Germany at that time. The operation grew and the publishing house which subsequently became known as Lugert Verlagwas formed in 1998, expanding to produce magazines and audio media and to sell musical instruments and other materials. The first version of the scorewriter program Forte was released in 2005.
The program can import MIDI, MusicXML and karaoke files, it can also export songs as MIDI and MusicXML files so that it can be shared with other tools, it allows users to save songs as a JPEG, TIFF or EPS files. It can import the CapXML file format of the Capella notation program. There are three main tools that include the Music Ruler which allows users to enter notes, the audio sequencer which allows users to record or import audio and play it in conjunction with their composition and the complex scores which allows users to write elaborate pieces.
Forte is available in several versions, with some versions having full functionality implemented while others may limit other capabilities such at the number of Staff (musics) staves, voices, lyric verses smf compound meter support restricted. supported. An education edition and a specialist version designed for hymn and worship music are also available. A freeware version with basic capability is also available.
- Comparison of scorewriters
- List of MIDI editors and sequencers
- List of guitar tablature software
- Dynamics (music)
- List of music software
Forte Home 2013 | Music Notation Software | Compose Music Archived 2013-01-31 at the Wayback Machine
Forte 3 Premium Archived 2012-12-23 at the Wayback Machine
2013 Music Notation Software Comparisons and Reviews Archived 2013-01-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Ronnie Currey (16 April 2009). ""Forte" Notation Software: A Review". Music Teacher's Helper Blog. Archived from the original on 2013-03-23. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Geschichte des Lugert Verlags: Und alles begann mit einer Schreibmaschine…" [History of the Lugert publishing house: It all began with a typewriter] (in German). Lugert Verlag. Archived from the original on 7 March 2014. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "FORTE Unveils FORTE 6 Musical Notation Software". electronic musician. 4 December 2014. Archived from the original on 19 September 2018. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- ""Forte" Editions". Forte. Archived from the original on 2015-04-19. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Buy FORTE » Forte Notation". Forte/Lugert Verlag. Archived from the original on 2012-12-31. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Product Tour » Forte Notation". Forte/Lugert Verlag. Archived from the original on 2013-01-07. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- "Forte" (PDF). Fortenotation.com. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "FORTE 4 ab 23.11. – Die Preise im Überblick!" (in German). Lugert Verlag. 21 November 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-01-25. Retrieved 27 January 2013.