Fortier (TV series)
|Created by||Fabienne Larouche|
|Directed by||François Gingras
Érik Canuel (season 1)
Sophie Lorain (season 5)
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||42 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||François Reid (seasons 1-2)
Lucie Bouliane (season 3)
Louis-Philippe Rochon (seasons 4-5)
Michel Trudeau (seasons 3-5)
Sophie Lorain (associate producer)
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Aetios Productions|
|Audio format||Dolby Surround|
|Original release||February 3, 2000 – April 1, 2004|
|<span%20class= "languageicon"%20style="font-size:0.95em;%20font-weight:bold;%20color:#555;">(French) Website|
Fortier is a French-language Canadian television series which debuted on TVA from February 3, 2000 and ended on April 1, 2004. A subtitled version later aired on the English-language CBC Television network, as part of its now-defunct late-night Best of French Canada anthology series. It was made by Aetios Productions, and the show's creator Fabienne Larouche.
Anne Fortier (Lorain) is a criminal psychologist from Montreal, who works with the investigators of SAS (Anti-Sociopathic Service), a fictional police division specialising in crimes involving abnormal psychology. Although their sordid crimes include a shoe thief and a pyromaniac, most of the cases given a lot of time on the series are murders, often serial killings. While solving these cases Fortier and her colleagues must wrestle with her own murky past and several psychological issues.
- Sophie Lorain - Anne Fortier
- Gilbert Sicotte - Gabriel Johnson
- Pierre Lebeau - Jean-Marie Dufour
- Jean-François Pichette - Claude Mayrand
- François Chénier - Étienne Parent
- Carl Marotte - Jacques Savaria
- Sophie Léger - Christine Forest
- Danièle Lorain - Louise Garnier
- Michèle-Barbara Pelletier - Magali Simon
Awards and recognition
- The series earned Michèle-Barbara Pelletier a Prix Gémeaux for Best Supporting Actress - Series or Dramatic Program for her appearance in episode three in the second season. Four other Prix Gemeaux nominations were given in the category Best Supporting Actor - Series or Dramatic Program.
- "CBC Program Guide: Fortier V (season 5)". CBC.ca. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|