|Developer(s)||Fortress Forever Development Team|
|Release date(s)||September 13, 2007
(Steam) March 27, 2015
Fortress Forever is a Half-Life 2 mod that uses the game's Source Engine. The game is based on Team Fortress Classic, but has been created entirely from scratch by the Fortress Forever development team. The intended scope of Fortress Forever is to please older Team Fortress Classic fans, while at the same time creating a game enjoyable enough to players new to Team Fortress styled games.
Fortress Forever was released on September 13, 2007. The game is freely available to all who have a Steam account, as Team Fortress 2 is free for all and a Source game. As of May 24, 2013, Fortress Forever is on build 2.46. Version 2.46 now incorporates an auto-updater for future client updates. On October 16, 2013, FF has been 'greenlit' on Steam Greenlight, meaning the game will be on Steam (software) soon.
On March 20, 2015, It was announced that Fortress Forever would be released for download on Steam on March 27, 2015 and they did release as planned.
- Article in Computer Gaming World from October 2006, page 77 the US edition.
- Article in PCGamer from December 2006, page 128 the US edition.
- Feature: Mods of 2005 - Mod DB
- Best Mod of 2007 in PC Gamer magazine.
- Fortress Forever news (2007-09-13). Official release date: September 13th. Retrieved 2007-09-13.
- "Steam Workshop :: October 16th Batch of Greenlight Titles". Steam Workshop :: October 16th Batch of Greenlight Titles. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- O'Conner, Alice. "Classic Team Fortress: Steam Release For Fortress Forever". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- The Far2Cool Network forums. TFC:S 3rd Party MOD - Fortress Forever Announced. Retrieved 2007-03-23.
- The Catacombs forums. Fortress Forever - A Team Fortress Mod for HL2. Retrieved 2007-03-23.