Fortress Stadium (Lahore)
The Fortress Stadium (shortened as simply Fortress) is a popular large area of open space consisting of shopping centers, restaurants, cafés and entertainment areas and a sports stadium. It is located in Lahore Cantt, Lahore, Pakistan. Among the likes of M. M. Alam Road and Liberty Market in Gulberg, this area is a popular locale for the urban youth in Lahore. Fortress Stadium is also one of the most busy commercial areas of the city. The Chairman and Management of Fortress Stadium are serving and retired army officers. Brigadier Sikandar Khan was the Chairman Fortress Stadium (Lahore) from 2012 to 2013.
- Fortress Square, a shopping mall
- Joyland, an amusement park
- Sindbad, children's play area
- Pace Shopping Mall
- Expo Centre Lahore (a new building opened in 2010 in the area)
National Horse and Cattle Show
The Stadium is the site of the famous National Horse and Cattle Show which is one of the most famous festivals of Lahore. This includes a display of livestock, but also many spectacular feats of horsemanship, tent pegging, dressage, camel dancing, racing, folk dances, pomp, pageantry, mass-band displays and grand fireworks in the evening. It was accompanied by exhibition displaying Pakistani craftsmanship and industry.
- "FORTRSS STADIUM: SHOPPING CENTRE LEASE AGREEMENT CHALLENGED". The Express Tribune (newspaper). 26 February 2014. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- Fortress Stadium (Lahore) area on Google Maps website Retrieved 28 January 2018
- "Around town: Fortress Stadium, Lahore: A world of entertainment". Dawn (newspaper). 9 May 2009. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- Fortress Stadium (Lahore) shopping area on YouYube
- Fortress Stadium (Lahore) shopping mall on YouTube
|This article about Lahore is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Pakistan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|