The Most Reverend
|Apostolic Nuncio to Trinidad and Tobago, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Guyana, Saint Lucia, Grenada, Bahamas, Suriname, Belize, and Apostolic Delegate to the Antilles|
Titular Archbishop of Aquaviva
|Appointed||4 November 2017|
|Ordination||17 June 1984|
by Bishop Anthony Gogo Nwedo, C.S.Sp
|Consecration||6 January 2012 at St. Peter's Basilica|
by Pope Benedict XVI
|Born||10 May 1960|
Umuogele Ntigha, Abia State, Nigeria
|Previous post||Apostolic Nuncio to Nicaragua|
|Alma mater||Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas|
|Coat of arms|
|Reference style||The Most Reverend|
|Spoken style||Your Excellency|
Fortunatus Nwachukwu (born 10 May 1960) is a Nigerian prelate of the Catholic Church who has worked in the diplomatic service of the Holy See since 1994. He has been an apostolic nuncio with the title of archbishop since 2012.
Nwachukwu was born in Ntigha, Abia State, Nigeria, on 10 May 1960. He studied theology and canon law in the seminary and was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Aba on 17 June 1984. He studied diplomacy at the Pontifical Ecclesiastical Academy and entered the diplomatic service of the Holy See on 1 July 1994. His first assignments were in Ghana, Paraguay, Algeria, and Geneva. He then worked in Rome in the Second Section of the Secretariat of State. At the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas, Angelicum he completed a doctorate in canon law in 1996 with a dissertation entitled "Canons 364 and 365, the Holy See and the State of Israel: an example of the logic of pontifical diplomacy."
On 4 November 2017 Pope Francis appointed him apostolic nuncio to Trinidad and Tobago, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Guyana, Saint Lucia, Grenada, Bahamas, Suriname and Belize, and Apostolic Delegate to the Antilles.
- "Rinunce e Nomine, 12.11.2012" (Press release) (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Rinunce e Nomine, 04.09.2007" (Press release) (in Italian). Holy See Press Office. 4 September 2007. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Pope names Nigerian priest protocol chief for secretariat of state". Catholic News Agency. 5 September 2007. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Magi were 'men who sought God,' Pope tells new bishops". Catholic News Agency. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Resignations and Appointments, 04.11.2017" (Press release). Holy See Press Office. 4 November 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
| Head of Protocol of Secretariat of State of the Holy See
4 September 2007 – 12 November 2012
José Avelino Bettencourt
Henryk Józef Nowacki
| Apostolic Nuncio to Nicaragua
12 November 2012 – 4 November 2017
Waldemar Stanisław Sommertag
|Catholic Church titles|
Giovanni De Andrea
| Titular Archbishop of Aquaviva
2012 – present