Fortune Brands Home & Security
Building value, brand after brand
S&P 500 Component
|Christopher Klein, President & CEO|
|Revenue||US$ 5.0 billion (FY 2016)|
|413 million (FY 2016)|
|Total assets||US$5.1 billion (FY 2016)|
|Total equity||US$2.4 billion (FY 2016)|
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. (FBHS) is an American manufacturer of home fixtures and hardware, headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois. The company's product lines include Master Lock, Sentry Safe, MasterBrand Cabinets, Moen faucets, Therma-Tru entry door systems, and Waterloo tool storage products. The company has said that it holds market leadership positions in all of its segments, and has 16,000 associates that generated $5.0 billion in net sales in 2016.
Fortune Brands Home & Security was created on October 3, 2011 from part of the former Fortune Brands holding company. The spin-off was related to the pre-announced corporate strategy of divesting unrelated product lines to focus on the liquor business. On the day after spinning off FBHS, Fortune Brands renamed itself as Beam Inc. to reflect this new strategy. Beam Inc. was subsequently purchased by Suntory to become its Beam Suntory subsidiary in April, 2014.
- "Leadership-Executive Committee". Fortune Brands Home & Security.
- "Fortune Brands Home & Security(FBHS)-Key Statistics". Yahoo! Finance.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security Now Independent, Begins Trading on NYSE Archived October 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., Businesswire, October 4, 2011.
- Smith, A., Jim Beam, neat, is company's new strategy, CNN Money, December 8, 2010.
- Fortune Brands Announces Intent to Separate Company's Three Businesses, The Wall Street Journal, December 8, 2010.
- Beam Inc. Begins Life as a Pure-Play Spirits Industry Leader Archived October 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., Businesswire, October 4, 2011.
- Beam Suntory, Suntory press release, April 30, 2014.
- Suntory Still has M&A Thirst, The Wall Street Journal, May 15, 2014.
- Gammeltoft, N., and Fineman, J., Ackman Says Pershing Square Owns 15% of Fortune Brands Home, Bloomberg, Oct. 18, 2011.