Forum for European–Australian Science and Technology Cooperation
|Neil Hamilton, Mark Matthews, Rado Faletič, Jean-François Desvignes-Hicks|
The Forum for European–Australian Science and Technology Cooperation (FEAST) was a non-government initiative aimed at highlighting and developing collaborative research activities between Europe (European countries and the European Union) and Australia. Its offices were located in Canberra, Australia.
The major sources of funding for FEAST were the European Commission, through the Seventh Framework Programme, and the Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education. Additional resources were also provided by The Australian National University.
A meeting of the joint Management Committee of the European Union and Australia on Science and Technology Cooperation was held in Brussels in March 2000, within the framework of the 1994 Agreement. One of the decisions made was to begin reflecting upon a target-based approach based on a strategy and common priorities.
In this context it was agreed in August 2000 by the diplomatic missions representing members of the European Union in Australia, to embark on an initiative of the French Presidency, to be known as the Forum for European-Australian Science and Technology (FEAST).
This initiative began in early 2002, and the first phase was completed in December 2004. An external review was undertaken , recommending expansion of the FEAST concept to other countries, and a continuation of FEAST in Australia.
After successful completion of its third round of funding in mid-2012, the fourth implementation was renamed Connecting Australian-European Science and Innovation Excellence (CAESIE) and placed a greater emphasis on innovation and business.
- list of all current BILAT projects
- ABEST/A-EU: Argentinean Bureau for Enhancing Cooperation with the European Community in the Science, Technology and Innovation Area
- BB.Bice: Brazilian Bureau for Enhancing the International Cooperation with European Union
- ERA-Can: The European Research Area and Canada
- CHIEP: Strengthen Chilean European Science and Technology Partnerships
- BILAT SILK: Bilateral Support for the International Linkage with China
- EUINEC: European Union and India Enhanced Cooperation Framework for Improved Bilateral Dialogue in the Fields of Science and Technology
- J-BILAT: BILAT in Japan
- ERA-Link/Japan: A network for European researchers in Japan
- KESTCAP: Korea-EU Science and Technology Cooperation Advancement Programme
- UEMEXCyT: Bureau for European and Mexican Science and Technology Cooperation
- M2ERA: Morocco To ERA
- FRENZ: Facilitating Research co-operation between Europe and New Zealand
- BILAT-RUS: Enhancing the bilateral S&T Partnership with the Russian Federation
- ESASTAP: Strengthening the European-South African Science and Technology Advancement Programme
- ETC: European Tunisian Cooperatio
- BILAT-USA: Bilateral coordination for the enhancement and development of S&T partnerships between the European Union and the United States of America