|Founded||28 August 1996|
Number of employees
BAIC Foton Motor Co., Ltd. ( Chinese: 北汽福田汽车股份有限公司; pinyin: Běiqì Fútián Qìchē Gǔfèn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī), known as Foton Motor or Foton, is a Chinese company that designs and manufactures trucks, buses and sport utility vehicles . It is headquartered in Changping, Beijing, and is a subsidiary of the BAIC Group.
Founded on August 28, 1996, Foton manufactures light and heavy-duty trucks, agricultural tractors, and various other machinery. Foton International Trade Co., Ltd, Beijing, is Foton Motor Group's international sales subsidiary.
In addition to the heavier trucks, Foton also builds a car inspired by the Toyota HiAce H100, called the "Foton View" or "Foton Alpha".
In August 2002, the company started producing Foton Auman truck.
In March 2006 Foton and Cummins Inc. announced the creation of a 50:50 joint venture company, Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Company (BFCEC), to produce light-duty diesel engines, of 2.8 and 3.8 liter displacement.
In October 2009 Foton agreed to form a joint venture to develop and produce vehicle batteries with Pulead Technology Industry Co.
In July 2010 Foton announced the establishment of a European headquarters in Moscow, Russia.
Foton established a sales company in India in April 2011.
In February 2012, Beiqi Foton Motors Co., Ltd. and Daimler AG established a 50-50 joint venture, Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive Co., Ltd., at an investment of RMB6.35 billion. The joint venture would take over Foton's existing Auman medium- and heavy-duty truck business, including production sites, sales and service network.
Foton will build an assembly plant in Colombia, in order to participate in the growing Latin American market for light commercial vehicles.[needs update] The company also plans to build a plant in Western Maharashtra, India.[needs update]
Foton has announced a bus factory in Brazil in the state of Bahia, as part of their globalization plan. Foton has held a press conference in 2015, previewing the Sauvana while announcing news to bring the brand to the United States.[needs update]
In September 2017 Foton and Piaggio agreed to form a joint venture to develop and produce light commercial vehicle. Based on Foton chassis the new vehicle was sold by Piaggio Commercial Vehicle division in Europe and in all market around the world but not in China. The vehicle was intended as a successor of the Piaggio Porter and production was planned to starts in the mid 2019 in Pontedera (Italy) with all components produced by Foton in China.[needs update]
In August 2018, Foton Motor announced they would set up a plant in Bangladesh by next year to assemble commercial vehicles in a joint venture with ACI Motors [needs update]
In 25 April 2019 Foton and CP has announced a truck factory in Thailand name CP FOTON SALES CO., LTD. Now have the electric truck name Auman EST, AUMARK and AUV.
Foton is headquartered in Changping District, Beijing. Foton's business units are seen in cities and provinces such as Beijing, Tianjin, Shandong, Hebei, Hunan, Hubei, Liaoning, and Guangdong. Its R&D branches are distributed in India, Japan, Germany, Taiwan and the Philippines. It has assets exceeding 50 billion Yuan and 300,000 employees. Foton, whose brand value exceeds 61.932 billion Yuan in 2005, ranked No.1 in auto industry and No. 11 in the “Top 500 Most Valuable Brands”.
Foton business marquee also consists of a branch in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Och motors LLC, is one of the biggest conglomerate in Mongolia, is the official distributor of Foton in Mongolian market.
Foton manufactures vehicles in Hanghang district, Pyongyang in the Samhung Joint Venture Company factory, Foton Vehicles in North Korea are sold under the Chonji Marque.
This section needs to be updated.(October 2019)
Foton AUV (福田欧辉)
- Foton AUV New Directions (since 2000; Original name:新干线欧V)
- Foton AUV panoramic Unlimited (since 2003; Original name:全景无限)
- Foton AUV Pioneer Europe (since 1998; Original name:欧V先锋)Brand name
- Foton Green Earth (Using city bus in Gangneung, South Korea. It was introduced in 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.)
- Foton Auman Jones (since 2003, under license of Mercedes-Benz trucks; Original name:欧曼奇兵)
- Foton Auman Lion (since 2003, under license of Mercedes-Benz trucks; Original name:欧曼雄狮)
- Foton Auman Kunlun Mountains (since 2003, under license of Mercedes-Benz trucks; Original name:欧曼昆仑)
- Foton Auman Shenzhou (since 2003, under license of Mercedes-Benz trucks; Original name:欧曼神舟)
- Foton Auman H4 (since 2011)
- Foton Auman EST
Foton Aumark (欧马可)
- Foton Aumark (since 2005, Original name:欧马可)
- Foton Aumark C
- Foton Aumark S
- Foton Aumark Flex
Foton Forland (时代汽车)
- Foton Forland (Since 2006, Original name:时代轻卡)
- Foton Forland King Kong (since 1998 under license of a South American VW trucks; Original name:时代金刚)
- Foton Forland Ruiwo (since 1998 under license of a South American VW trucks; Original name:瑞沃)
Foton Ollin (奥铃)
- Foton Ollin Beyond (since 2005, Original name:奥铃超越)
- Foton Ollin MRI (since 2005, Original name:奥铃捷运)
Gratour MPVs (北京伽途)
- Gratour im6 (智爱MPV)
- Gratour im8 (智美运动家庭车)
- Gratour ix5 (1501cc;since 2016) (智行MPV)
- Gratour ix7 (1507cc;since 2016) (智趣S—MPV)
Foton Sauvana SUV (萨瓦纳) (since 2014; also known as Foton Toplander) 
Foton Tunland (拓陆者) pickup
- Foton Tunland E3
- Foton Tunland E5
- Foton Tunland S
Foton Tunland Yutu (拓陆者 驭途) pickup
- Foton Tunland Yutu 8
- Foton Tunland Yutu 9
- Foton General F9 (福田 将军 F9 pickup)
- Foton Grand General G7 (福田 大将军 G7 pickup)
- Foton Grand General G9 (福田 大将军 G9 pickup)
Foton Mars (火星) pickup/ Foton Tunland V pickup
- Foton Mars 7 (福田 火星7 pickup)
- Foton Mars 9 (福田 火星9 pickup)
Foton Saga (since 2004 under license of DangDong -terrain vehicle; Original name:福田传奇)(Discontinued)
Foton SUP (since 2004 pickup based on the Saga; Original name:萨普)
Light commercial vehicles
Foton MP-X (MP-X蒙派克) MPV
- Foton MP-X Parker Mongolia (since 2005; Original name: MP-X蒙派克)
Foton View (福田风景)
- Foton View G9 (since 2004 heavily resembling the Toyota HiAce as the high top version)
- Foton View G7 (Also known as CS2; since 2004 under license of the Toyota HiAce as the low top version)
- Foton View V5 compact MPV
- Foton View V3 microvan
Foton Toano (since 2015) business class van/ minibus
Foton Xiangling (Original name:祥菱) light truck series (Discontinued)
- Foton Xiangling M
- Foton Xiangling V
Foton Midi (Discontinued)
Foton View Express (produced from 2001 to 2012 resembling the Toyota HiAce, Original name:风景快运)
Foton View Express Passenger (produced from 2000 to 2006 resembling the Toyota HiAce, Original name:风景快客)
Foton View Ireland Act (produced from 1999 to 2005 resembling the Toyota HiAce, Original name:风景爱尔法)
Foton Zhilan (Smart Smurf)
Foton Rowor (Original name:瑞沃) trucks
- Foton Rowor Xiaojingang
- Foton Rowor E3
- Foton Rowor Dajingang 1
- Foton Rowor Dajingang 3
- Foton Rowor ES3
- Foton Rowor ES5
- Foton Rowor ES7
- Foton Rowor Q5
- Foton Rowor Q9
- Foton Rowor Dajingang ES3
- Foton Rowor Dajingang ES5
Foton Motor sold a total of 640,400 vehicles in 2011.
- ^ a b "GLOBAL FOTON". www.foton-global.com. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- ^ "Cummins to create joint venture with Foton". China Daily. 30 October 2006. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- ^ "Cummins to Form Joint Venture in China". Inside Indiana Business. 7 March 2006. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- ^ "Foton JV taps new energy". China Daily. 27 October 2009. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- ^ "Beiqi Foton opens Europe HQ, Russia unit in Moscow". Gasgoo. 1 July 2010. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- ^ "Foton to open Indian sales branch". Gasgoo. 24 April 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- ^ "SORL Qualifies as Supplier to Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive Co., Ltd. (2 July 2012)". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- ^ Topics, Transport (21 February 2012). "Daimler, Foton to Begin China Truck Production in 3Q (21 Feb 2012)". Transport Topics. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- ^ "China's Foton selects West Maharashtra for Rs 1,676 cr plant". Business Standard India. Press Trust of India. 2 May 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2018 – via Business Standard.
- ^ Line, A TARDE On. "Página principal do Portal A TARDE". uol.com.br. Archived from the original on 8 September 2013. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- ^ "Foton Caminhões". www.fotonmotors.com.br. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- ^ "Arriving in North America is Foton's SAUVANA SUV with Cummins Technology - Foton Motor Group | Global Official Website". Archived from the original on 2016-04-12. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- ^ Piaggio and Foton joint venture
- ^ Piaggio Accordo con Foton per il nuovo Porter
- ^ "China's Foton to assemble vehicles in Bangladesh". 28 August 2018.
- ^ Foton Motor Group - Basic Information[permanent dead link]
- ^ Made in North Korea
- ^ "2014 Guangzhou Auto Show: Foton Sauvana SUV debuts in China". 21 November 2014.
- ^ "Beiqi Foton's 2011 profits slump 30%". China Daily. 2 March 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Foton official website (in English)
- Foton official website Archived 2012-01-26 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- UK Supplier of Foton tractors (in English)