Foundation for Excellence in Education
Logo of the Foundation for Excellence in Education
|Executive Director||Patricia Levesque|
(FYE December 2014)
|Address||215 South Monroe Street,|
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
The Foundation for Excellence in Education is a think tank on education reform based in Tallahassee, Florida.
The foundation was established by Jeb Bush, shortly after his tenure as Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. It has received donations from Bill Gates, Michael Bloomberg and Eli Broad, as well as Connections Education, a subsidiary of Pearson PLC, and Amplify, a subsidiary of NewsCorp.
The education reform policies suggested by the foundation have influenced Mitch Daniels, the Republican Governor of Indiana. Nicky Morgan, the British Secretary of State for Education, spoke at the 2014 Foundation for Excellence in Education Summit on November 20, 2014.
- "IRS Form 990, (Foundation for Excellence in Education Inc)" (PDF). Foundation Center. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Stephanie Simon, Jeb Bush, With Cash And Clout, Pushes Contentious School Reforms, The Huffington Post, January 26, 2013.
- Trip Gabriel, Jeb Bush Leads Broad Push for Education Change With ‘Florida Formula’, The New York Times, April 26, 2011.
- Nicky Morgan speaks about our plan for education, November 21, 2014
- The Associated Press, Condoleezza Rice Taking Over Jeb Bush's Education Foundation, The New York Times, January 22, 2015.
- Thomas Beaumont, Condoleezza Rice Taking Over Jeb Bush's Education Foundation, The Huffington Post, January 23, 2015.