Fountain Bluff Township, Jackson County, Illinois
|Fountain Bluff Township|
Location in Jackson County
Jackson County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||31.13 sq mi (80.6 km2)|
|• Land||29.95 sq mi (77.6 km2)|
|• Water||1.18 sq mi (3.1 km2) 3.79%|
|Elevation||361 ft (110 m)|
|• Density||6.9/sq mi (2.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62907, 62940, 62942, 62950|
|GNIS feature ID||0429017|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 31.13 square miles (80.6 km2), of which 29.95 square miles (77.6 km2) (or 96.21%) is land and 1.18 square miles (3.1 km2) (or 3.79%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Kinkaid Township (north)
- Levan Township (northeast)
- Sand Ridge Township (east)
- Grand Tower Township (southeast)
- Degognia Township (northwest)
The township contains Neunert Cemetery. Goodbread Cemetery. Boone Cemetery.
- Murphysboro Community Unit School District 186
- Trico Community Unit School District 176
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 115
- State Senate District 58
- "Fountain Bluff Township, Jackson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.