Four Friends (2010 film)
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Saji Surendran|
|Produced by||Tomichan Mulakupadam|
|Written by||Krishna Poojapura|
|Music by||M. Jayachandran|
|Distributed by||Mulakuppadam Release|
Four Friends is a 2010 Indian Malayalam drama film directed by Saji Surendran. It stars Jayaram, Jayasurya, Kunchacko Boban, Meera Jasmine and Kamal Haasan. The film was released on 28 October 2010. It was dubbed into Tamil as Anbulla Kamal.
Roy, Soorya, Amir, and Gauri come from entirely different backgrounds, but one thing that they have in common is cancer. Roy is a multi-millionaire; Amir is a small-time goonda; Soorya is a musician; and Gouri lives in distress, troubled by her stepmother. Each of them is dying from the disease (blood, liver, bone, and lung cancer) and they all come for treatment to a plush hospital, Pratheeksha, run by Dr. Nandakumar (Ganesh). Though they take some time to become friendly, they eventually become close. They decide to go to Malaysia to meet Soorya's girlfriend, because they want to be positive in their lives. There is a scene with Kamal Hassan, who gives a pep talk on how he lost some of his close friends to cancer, and gives the four friends some confidence. At last Soorya dies.
- Jayaram as Roy Mathew, the MD of RM Group, a multinational company
- Jayasurya as Amir, a thug who earns a living by selling black tickets in theatres and gang works
- Kunchacko Boban as Surya, an MBA student
- Meera Jasmine as Gauri, a brilliant fourth semester MBBS student
- Kamal Hasan as himself (cameo appearance)
- Lalu Alex as Surya's father
- Siddique as Dr. Siddharth
- Salim Kumar as Kochaouseppe, a staff in Pratheeksha
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Ringgit Sasi
- Sukumari as Amir' grand mother
- K. B. Ganesh Kumar as Dr. Nandhagopal
- Manikkuttan as Vishnu
- Prem Prakash as Gouri's father
- Sarayu as Vineetha
- Seema as Surya's mother
- Srinda as Amir's sister
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2010)
Mahadevan Thampi was the still photographer of the film. The film was shot at locations besides Kerala and Malaysia. It was produced by Tomichan Mulakuppadam under the company Mulakuppadam Films on a budget of ₹5.75 crore.
|Soundtrack album by M. Jayachandran|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|M. Jayachandran chronology|
The soundtrack was composed by M. Jayachandran, with lyrics penned by Kaithapram. The soundtrack, which features three original compositions, also features a remix version of the 1975 hit song "Yeh Dosti" from the film Sholay.
|1||"Oru Naal Annorunaal"||Karthik, Swetha|
|2||"Ente Chithira"||K. J. Yesudas, Vijay Yesudas, Akhila Anand|
|3||"Yeh Dosti"||Shankar Mahadevan, Udit Narayan|
|4||"Parayamo Rappadi"||P. Jayachandran|
- Chandrakanth Viswanath (25 December 2016). "The Tiger Behind Pulimurugan". The New Sunday Express. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- "Four Friends Review - Malayalam Movie Review by VN". Nowrunning.com. 2010-10-28. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Anbulla Kamal - Kamal Haasan - Jayram - Meera Jasmine - Jayasurya - Tamil Movie News". Behindwoods.com. 2011-08-27. Retrieved 2012-10-18.