Four Letter Lie
|Four Letter Lie|
|Origin||Maple Grove, Minnesota, United States|
|Labels||Victory, Artery Recordings|
|Associated acts||A Day to Remember, Mod Sun, Dead to Fall|
The group formed in 2004 and quickly released an EP entitled Her Escape in May 2005. They followed the release with a heavy tour schedule, which included dates on the Warped Tour and Taste of Chaos tours. The group won an online vote to open the Taste of Chaos date in St. Paul, Minnesota the next year, by which time the group had signed to Victory Records.
The group's first record for Victory, Let Your Body Take Over, appeared in October 2006 and was a regional sales success, although it received mixed reviews from press agencies.
The group continued touring throughout 2007 and has since written a new album, What a Terrible Thing to Say, which was released on February 19, 2008. The album peaked at No. 31 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. In spring 2008 Four Letter Lie toured with A Skylit Drive, Oh, Sleeper, and Memphis May Fire and spent the summer touring with Dance Gavin Dance and A Static Lullaby then finished out 2008 with Pierce the Veil, Emarosa and Breathe Carolina.
On March 30, 2009, the band posted a blog on their MySpace announcing that Kevin had departed from the band and has since joined A Day to Remember in June. On July 4, 2009, the band announced via MySpace that their drummer, Derek Smith, had left the band to pursue a rap career as a solo artist, MOD SUN, and that John Waltmann would be switching from bass to guitar.
The band's third album, A New Day, was released on October 13, 2009 through Victory Records. They have done several tours in support of the new release, including a full U.S. run with Love Hate Hero, Sleeping With Sirens, and Of Machines. The band also finished a Canadian tour in April with We Came As Romans and will continue supporting them through May in the U.S. Their full national USA headlining tour for their 3rd release A New Day took place in June–August 2010.
On May 29, the band announced their signing to Artery Recordings and the new EP title "Like Structures" will be released on August 5, 2014. 'Like Structures' will include founding members Brian Nagan, John Waltmann, and Connor Kelly, and also introduces Anthony Jones who provided clean vocals for the first time since the departure of Kevin Skaff. The album also brings back drummer Timothy Java who has played with bands as Dead To Fall and Darkest Hour (band). The band released the first track off the album entitled "Inversion", on June 5, 2014.
- Studio albums
- Extended plays
- Review of Let Your Body Take Over. Geekburger.com, December 18, 2006. Retrieved September 15, 2007.
- Four Letter Lie at Allmusic.com
- Review of Let Your Body Take Over. Albuquerque Tribune, December 8, 2006. Retrieved September 15, 2007.
- Derek Smith. "Allmusic". Allmusic. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- Billboard Heatseekers, West North Central, Week of November 18, 2006. Billboard Magazine. Retrieved September 15, 2007.
- Review of Let Your Body Take Over. Pop Matters, February 21, 2007. Retrieved September 15, 2007.
- Review of Let Your Body Take Over. Paste Punk. Retrieved September 14, 2007.
- Review of Let Your Body Take Over. Maelstrom.nu. Retrieved September 15, 2007.
- Review of Let Your Body Take Over. A Thousand Apologies, November 6, 2006. Retrieved September 15, 2007.
- Review of Let Your Body Take Over. Alternative Press, March 1, 2007. Retrieved September 15, 2007.
- Billboard, Allmusic
- "Four Letter Lie | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's". Blogs.myspace.com. Retrieved August 25, 2012.