Four Star Pizza
Number of locations
|Owner||Four Star Pizza (IRL) Ltd|
Four Star Pizza is a fast food pizza company which operates throughout the island of Ireland. In 2010, there were 39 outlets with plans to have another 10 opened by 2012. As of August 2015, there are 31 stores in operation.
The first outlet opened in 1986 and the chain has steadily grown, being present in most regions of Ireland. Outlets vary from being both fully owned by the company, or owned and operated on a franchised basis.
On November 15, 2010, both Four Star Pizza and its holding company, Zowington, applied at the High Court for protection from their creditors (examinership), with Mr Justice Frank Clarke being told that both companies were insolvent and could not pay their debts. The creditors were reported as including National Irish Bank (who are owed €4.9 million), an ingredients supply firm, a printing firm and the Revenue Commissioners. An interim examiner was appointed by the High Court.
- Gleeson, Colin (2009-03-31). "Recession feeds a boom in pizza places". London: Times Online. Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Four Star Pizza Northern Ireland". Fourstarpizzani.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Four Star Pizza Ireland". Fourstarpizza.ie. Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Four Star Pizza Announces 200 New Irish Jobs As Recession Bites". Franchise Talk. 2009-01-27. Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- Hancock, Ciaran (2010-11-16). "Four Star Pizza chain has interim examiner appointed". Irish Times. Retrieved 2010-11-16.