Four Way Books
|Founder||Jane Brox, Helen Fremont, Dzvinia Orlowsky, and Martha Rhodes|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Distribution||University Press of New England|
|Fiction genres||poetry and short fiction|
Four Way Books is an American nonprofit literary press located in New York City, New York, which publishes poetry and short fiction by emerging and established writers. It features the work of the winners of national poetry competitions, as well as collections accepted through general submission, panel selection, and solicitation by the editors. The press is run by director and founding editor Martha Rhodes, who is the author of three poetry collections. Four Way Books titles are distributed by University Press of New England. The press has received grants from New York State Council on the Arts, the National Endowment for the Arts, and The Council of Literary Magazines and Presses through their re-grant program.
Notable poets published by Four Way Books include Catherine Bowman, Kevin Prufer, Terri Ford, Forrest Hamer, Pimone Triplett, Jeffrey Harrison, Sarah Gorham, D. Nurkse, Gregory Pardlo, Laurel Blossom, C. Dale Young, Noelle Kocot, Joel Brouwer, Pablo Medina, Jay Baron Nicorvo, Cynthia Huntington, Jason Schneiderman, and Sarah Manguso.
Authors have been recipients of the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry, Rome Prize, The Edward Lewis Wallant Award, Guggenheim Fellowships, NEA fellowships, and many other honors. A recent title was also a finalist for the National Book Award.
Four Way Books titles have been reviewed in The New Yorker, Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, Booklist, and many other publications.
Awards given by Four Way Books include the Levis Poetry Prize and the Four Way Books Intro Prize. The press also used to sponsor a reading series at the Bowery Poetry Club, called Readings on the Bowery, featuring FWB authors and writers from across the country.
- New York State Literary Tree Website > Small Press Detail > Four Way Books, Inc.
- Four Way Books > Who's Who
- NEA: 2009 Grant Awards: Access to Artistic Excellence: Literature Archived 2009-05-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Four Way Books Homepage
- Pratt Institute: News > Pratt Institute Professor Receives Prestigious 2007 - 2008 Prize in Literature
- University of Hartford > The Maurice Greenberg Center for Judaic Studies > The Edward Lewis Wallant Award
- The New Yorker Website > Books Briefly Noted > National Anthem by Kevin Prufer > April 28, 2008
- Four Way Books Home Page