Four Winds New Buffalo
|Four Winds New Buffalo|
Stained glass entryway of Four Winds New Buffalo in March 2008
|Address||11111 Wilson Road|
New Buffalo Township, Michigan 49117
|Opening date||August 2, 2007|
|No. of rooms||415|
|Total gaming space||130,000 square feet (12,000 m2)|
|Notable restaurants||Hard Rock Cafe, Copper Rock Steakhouse|
|Owner||Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians|
|Architect||Urban Design Group|
Four Winds New Buffalo is a casino, hotel and entertainment venue located in New Buffalo Township, Michigan, near New Buffalo, which opened on August 2, 2007. It is the primary property of Four Winds Casinos, which are all owned and operated by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians.
Architecturally the casino's rotunda is built in the style of the Potawatomi people's traditional lodges.
Four Winds New Buffalo was first planned in May 1996. The original project was designed by Urban Design Group and cost approximately US$180,000,000 (equivalent to $217,496,389 in 2018). It expanded in 2011 due to its success, adding 250 hotel rooms and a multi-purpose facility.
The 130,000-square-foot (12,000 m2) gaming floor features over 3,000 slot machines and over 60 table games featuring games such as blackjack, craps, poker, and roulette. The Four Winds Casinos loyalty program, the W Club, is in use at this property.
The facility features entertainment venues for adults and children. There is a supervised activity center, known as Kids Quest, for children 6 weeks to 12 years old. There is also a supervised arcade for all ages, known as Cyber Quest, featuring non-violent games.
Silver Creek Event Center
The Silver Creek Event Center is an event and concert venue at the casino. Opened in July 2012, the center has featured performers such as Diana Ross, Gregg Allman, Colbie Caillat, B.B. King, Peter Cetera, Michael Bolton, Sammy Hagar, Foreigner, Huey Lewis & the News, Frankie Valli, Jackie Evancho, ZZ Top, Gladys Knight, Heart, Sheryl Crow, Kenny Loggins, Jay Leno, Eric Burdon, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Patti LaBelle, and Frank Sinatra, Jr.
- Lauren Viera (25 November 2007). "New Buffalo casino brings a crowd to Harbor Country". Chicago Tribune. Turtle Talk. Retrieved 2012-07-11.
- Tom Moor (1 July 2011). "Four Winds Casino expanding". South Bend Tribune. southbendtribune.com. Retrieved 2012-07-11.
- Wilbanks, Carri (12 March 2015). "Leaving Las Vegas: The best casinos outside Sin City". experience.usatoday.com. USA Today. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- Swidwa, Julie (2017-07-30). "A Four Winds timeline". The Herald-Palladium. Retrieved 2017-07-31.
- Jones, Al (2013-04-30). "Four Winds Casino Dowagiac is Launched: What Do You Think?". MLive.com. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- "Property Overview, New Buffalo". fourwindscasino.com. Four Winds Casinos. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "W Club Casino Players Club". fourwindscasino.com. Four Winds Casinos. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- "Kids Quest, New Buffalo". fourwindscasino.com. Four Winds Casinos. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- "Cyber Quest, New Buffalo". fourwindscasino.com. Four Winds Casinos. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- "Silver Creek Event Center, New Buffalo". fourwindscasino.com. Four Winds Casinos. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- "Patti LaBelle to perform at Four Winds Casino". TheNewsDispatch.com. May 3, 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- "Frank Sinatra Jr. to perform in New Buffalo, share stories of iconic father". wndu.com. April 14, 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- "New Buffalo Shopping Retail Outlets". fourwindscasino.com. Four Winds Casinos. Retrieved 2015-07-13.