Fowler Ridge Wind Farm
|Fowler Ridge Wind Farm|
|Location||Fowler, Indiana, United States|
American Electric Power(50%)
|Make and model||Vestas V82-1.65 MW (F1)|
Clipper C-96 2.5 MW (F1)
GE 1.5 MW (F2)
|Nameplate capacity||600 MW|
|Capacity factor||27.8% (average 2010-2018)|
|Annual net output||1,460 GW·h|
|Commons||Related media on Commons|
The Fowler Ridge Wind Farm is a wind farm in Benton County, Indiana, near the city of Fowler, IN about 30 miles (48 km) northwest of Lafayette and 90 miles (140 km) northwest of Indianapolis. Fowler Ridge was originally developed in 2005 and 2006 by Orion Energy, LLC (Oakland, CA) and Vision Energy, LLC (Cincinnati, OH) and later sold in 2007 to BP and Dominion Resources. The project was constructed beginning in 2008 in two phases and has a nameplate capacity of 600 MW.
Fowler Ridge was the second utility-scale wind power plant in Indiana, after the 130.5 MW Goodland I Wind Farm (also in Benton County and was also developed by Orion Energy, LLC (Oakland, CA) and Vision Energy, LLC (Cincinnati, OH)). The Benton County Wind Farm came online in 2008. Some of the wind turbines are visible from US 52, the main highway through the County. They are also visible along US 41 in the Boswell area. Other wind farms developed by Orion and Vision include the Camp Grove Wind Farm and the Benton County Wind Farm.
|Year||Total Annual MW·h|
|Average (years 2010-2018) --->||1,460,414|
- Wind power in Indiana
- Benton County Wind Farm - Benton County, Indiana
- Meadow Lake Wind Farm - White, Jasper, and Benton Counties
- "U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Indiana". American Wind Energy Association. 2008-11-19. Archived from the original on September 18, 2010. Retrieved 2008-12-04.
- "Fowler Ridge Wind Farm". Renewable Energy Development. 2008-04-24. Archived from the original on 2008-12-16. Retrieved 2008-12-04.
- "Midwest's Largest Wind Farm Online in Indiana". Grow Indiana Media Ventures. 2009-04-15. Archived from the original on 2011-11-04. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- "Dominion, BP Welcome Gov. Mitch Daniels to Indiana's Largest Wind Farm". Dominion Resources. 2008-05-29. Archived from the original on 2008-08-04. Retrieved 2008-12-04.
- "Fowler Ridge Wind Farm windfarm (sic), USA". World Wind Power Database. Retrieved 2008-12-04.
- Wind farms generating money for Indiana community[permanent dead link]
- "GE 1.5MW Wind Turbine". General Electric. 2008-11-19. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Fowler Ridge, Annual". Electricity Data Browser. Energy Information Administration. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fowler Ridge Wind Farm.|