|Launched||18 December 2009|
|Owned by||Fox Networks Group
(21st Century Fox)
|Picture format||16:9 SDTV and HDTV|
|Audience share||0.5% (2011, )|
|Language||Finnish; English (with Finnish subtitles)|
|Formerly called||SuomiTV (until 15 April 2012)|
|Sister channel(s)||Fox HD|
|Digital terrestrial||Channel 12|
|dna Welho||Channel 12
Channel 32 (HD)
Fox (formerly SuomiTV) is a Finnish entertainment TV channel owned and produced by Fox Networks Group (FNG) Nordic. The channel was acquired by FNG Nordic in January 2012, and then relaunched as the current incarnation on April 16 that year.
Fox is freely available in Finland both over-the-air and through cable, as it bases its funding on television advertisements. It is FIC Nordic's first channel that does not operate on subscriber fees.
The channel provides a free catch up service through its online platform FOXPlay
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2015)|
FIC acquisition and relaunch as Fox
The channel features local content in Finnish language as well as high quality international fiction, factual entertainment, movies and lifestyle programs with Finnish subtitles.
Some of their main shows are:
Also they have a weekend movie block called "Fox Leffat" where they showcase different distributors content.
This is the only outlet to revive the Fox Kids name, which was phased out most of the world. Initially, it utilised the Fox Kids' global logo and on-screen branding from early 2000s, but it was later replaced by another logo and look.
The block offers foreign television programs aimed at a young audience dubbed into the Finnish language.
- The Adventures of Chuck and Friends
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Biker Mice from Mars (2006)
- Franny's Feet
- Hot Wheels Battle Force 5
- Lola & Virginia
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Ni Hao, Kai-Lan
- Power Rangers Megaforce
- Transformers: Prime
- Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015)
- The Smurfs (TV series)
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
- George of the Jungle (2007)
- Make Way for Noddy
- "Results From The TV Audience Measurement". Finnpanel. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Fox International Channels (FIC) Nordic Expands in Finland with the Acquisition of the Finnish Free-to-Air Channel Suomi TV". News Corporation. January 17, 2012. Retrieved May 8, 2012.
- "FOX International Channels (FIC) Nordic Launches FOX in Finland". Fox International Channels. March 15, 2012. Retrieved May 8, 2012.
- "Fox aikoo tehdä SuomiTV:stä viihdekanavan" (in Finnish). YLE. January 19, 2012. Retrieved May 8, 2012.
|This Finnish television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|