Four different logos of the company for its different brands (left to right):
FOX (for women), FOX MEN
FOX KIDS, FOX BABY
|Public (TASE: FOX)|
|Headquarters||Tel Aviv District, Israel|
|Avraham Fox (Chairman, CO-CEO)
Harel Wizel (CO-CEO, Director)
|Products||Clothing, fashion accessories|
|Website||www.fox.co.il (in Hebrew)|
Fox was founded in 1942 in pre-state Israel as Trico Fox Ltd. (Hebrew: טריקו פוקס בע"מ). After having its IPO on TASE in 2002, the company became Fox-Wizel Ltd. Today, Fox is an international chain with stores in ten countries: Israel, Russia, Singapore, China, Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, Thailand, Panama and the Philippines. In Fall 2008, Fox stores opened in Canada.
There are 200 retail shops in Israel, 8 in Russia, 18 in Singapore, 87 point-of-sale (PoS) in China, 5 in Bulgaria, 2 in Croatia, 21 in Romania, 32 PoS in Thailand, and 30 PoS in Panama, as well as other retailers, wholesalers and franchisers abroad.
Fox also has a joint partnership (50%) in Laline Candles & Soaps Ltd. which sells lotions, soaps, scented oils and candles. The company is headquartered in Ben Gurion International Airport, near Tel Aviv.
In 2008, Fox encountered criticism and faced a potential consumer boycott in Israel when they signed Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli, who avoided Israel's mandatory military service via a nuptial exemption for a marriage lasting a short period of time, on a $300,000 campaign deal. Fox responded by having Refaeli plan to act as an IDF "Enlistment Officer" and visit injured soldiers at the Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer every time she arrives in Israel.
- FOX - Fox-Wizel Ltd. Google Finance
- Foxy dilemma Ynetnews, 6 May 2008
- "THE STATE: Israel Defense Forces (IDF)", Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs, April 1, 2008
- "Dodging IDF paid off big time". Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- "A Woman of Valor", Bar Ben-Ari, Israel Defense Forces, August 1, 2007
- Bar Refaeli Evades Military Service, Upsets People New York Magazine, 8 May 2008
- Bar Refaeli - IDF’s new ‘enlistment officer’ Ynetnews, 8 May 2008