Fox Business Morning
|Fox Business Morning|
original title card used from 2007-10-15 through 2008-07-11
|Genre||Business News program|
|Presented by||Jenna Lee
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location(s)||New York City|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||Fox Business Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||October 15, 2007 – May 7, 2010|
Fox Business Morning was an early morning business newscast that aired on the Fox Business Network from 5-7am Eastern Time. Anchored by Jenna Lee and Connell McShane, it was the first show to be aired on the network when it launched October 15, 2007. Nicole Petallides served as Jenna Lee's original co-anchor before she was replaced with McShane on May 12, 2008.
Originally airing as a one-hour program, Fox Business Morning expanded to two hours on May 12, 2008. The second hour of this program replaced the first hour of Money for Breakfast, which in turn, contracted to two hours. Fox Business Morning once again contracted to 1 hour on October 5, 2009 to make way for Imus in the Morning. The show was canceled May 7, 2010 and was replaced by a Best of Imus in the Morning hour at 5am ET, an hour before the live Imus broadcast at 6am ET. A similar early-morning business program, FBN AM (co-anchored by Petallides and Lauren Simonetti), debuted June 1, 2015 after Imus in the Morning ended its run on the network at the end of May of that year.
This early morning program began with a look at the overnight headlines, along with a review of the Asian stock markets and a look at ongoing trading on the European markets from Ashley Webster, who is the network's London-based correspondent and overseas markets editor. In addition, this program also previewed the U.S. business day, including that day's corporate and economic diaries.
Some of these segments included:
- The Lead: A look at the business day's lead story, seen at the start of each half-hour.
- Instant Audit:
- World Market Report: A look at the overseas stock markets, including a review of the trading day in Asia (from Sky News Business Channel) and ongoing trading in Europe from Ashley Webster.
- While You Were Sleeping: A look at the overnight business and general (non-business) news headlines.
- Business Travelers' Forecast: A brief summary of the day's weather around the nation.
- Fox Business Radar: The anchors look at the stocks that they were watching throughout the day.
- The Number: Ray Hennessey joins the program with a number that statistically relates to the business day ahead.
- The Agenda: A brief summary of the U.S. business day.
- The Early Call: A look at the day's early market call for a certain stock and/or index.
- C-Suite Sit-Down: This segment featured one of the program's anchors sitting down with a company executive. Moved from Money for Breakfast on 2008-05-12.
- Fox Business Squawk Box: This segment features the program's anchors and Fox Business contributors debating the day's biggest stories in the business world. Moved from Money for Breakfast on 2008-05-12.
- Jenna Lee (2007-10-15 - 2010-5-07)
- Connell McShane (2008-05-12 - 2010-5-07)
- Nicole Petallides (2007-10-15 - 2008-05-09)