Fox Chase, Kentucky
|Fox Chase, Kentucky|
Location of Fox Chase, Kentucky
|• Total||0.39 sq mi (1.01 km2)|
|• Land||0.38 sq mi (0.99 km2)|
|• Water||0.008 sq mi (0.02 km2)|
|Elevation||515 ft (157 m)|
|• Density||1,171/sq mi (452.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1669502|
Fox Chase is located in northern Bullitt County at  16 miles (26 km) south of downtown Louisville. It is bordered on its west side by Interstate 65, with the closest access from Exit 121 (John Harper Highway) 0.5 miles (0.80 km) north of Fox Chase. Surrounding communities include the city of Hillview, with land to the north, southeast, and west; the city of Hebron Estates to the east; and unincorporated Brooks to the west of I-65.(38.046330, -85.694029),
As of the census of 2000, there were 476 people, 176 households, and 162 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,416.8 people per square mile (540.5/km²). There were 176 housing units at an average density of 523.8 per square mile (199.9/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 99.79% White, and 0.21% from two or more races.
There were 176 households out of which 27.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 87.5% were married couples living together, 2.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 7.4% were non-families. 6.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.70 and the average family size was 2.81.
In the city the population was spread out with 19.1% under the age of 18, 7.8% from 18 to 24, 19.5% from 25 to 44, 46.4% from 45 to 64, and 7.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 47 years. For every 100 females there were 102.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 107.0 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $73,750, and the median income for a family was $75,790. Males had a median income of $50,781 versus $32,250 for females. The per capita income for the city was $30,371. None of the population or families were below the poverty line.
- Commonwealth of Kentucky. Office of the Secretary of State. Land Office. "Fox Chase, Kentucky". Accessed 26 July 2013.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Fox Chase city, Kentucky". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.