Fox Networks Group
|Fox International Channels (1993–2016)|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Peter Rice (CEO)|
Randy Freer (COO)
|Parent||21st Century Fox |
(To be acquired by Disney)
Fox Networks Group is 21st Century Fox's primary operating unit for television distribution. It produces and distributes 300+ entertainment, sports, factual and movie channels in 45 languages across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa, using several brands, including Fox, STAR India, National Geographic Channel and Baby TV. Among their non-linear brands are Fox Now and Hotstar. These brands reach over 1.725 billion households around the world.
Fox International Channels
Fox International Channels purchased BabyTV, all but the Israel channel, in 2007. National Geographic Channels International attempted to launch new sister channels to Nat Geo in India, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Adventure, Nat Geo Music and Nat Geo HD, by making them available to the market. Fox International Channels launched the new Nat Geo channels again along with FX, Fox Crime and BabyTV to add to its existing Fox History and the main Nat Geo channel.
FOX Channels Benelux with assistance from Jan Dekker Holding launched 24Kitchen in the Netherlands on September 1, 2011 on UPC Broadband with availability to other providers on October 1, 2011. In October 2011, FIC purchased Viajar, Spanish pay-TV documentary channel with SD & HD feeds, from Prisa TV.
Fox International Channels founded LAPTV, based in Atlanta and a Latin American pay-TV joint venture unit, with Paramount Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox. 20th Century Fox dropped its ownership in LAPTV. In October 2013, Fox International Channels purchased Paramount's shares of LAPTV to become the sole owner.
In early 2014, Nat Geo Adventure was replaced with Nat Geo People, which would be available in 50 countries. On free-to-air Freeview and YouView, Fox International Channels UK launched YourTV on 1 October 2015. YourTV targets female viewers.
Fox Networks Group (US)
In 2008, Fox Broadcasting and 20th Century Fox Television (20CFTV) formed a joint initiative for new animation talent, Fox Inkubation, that would allow them to produce two minute shorts as pilots for new series. While 20CFTV concurrently started an animation department, 20th Century Fox Television Animation, with the same executive heading up both Inkubation and TV animation, Jennifer Howell. In 2012, Inkubation was discontinued as plans for a late night animation block was moved forward and none of its projects got on the air. In May 2013, Howell exited Fox at the end of her contract.
Fox Networks Group and DNA Films in July 2014 formed DNA TV Limited joint venture. Fox Networks Group would have first global first rights with co-financing options to the joint venture's shows. DNA TV would be managed by DNA Films management with Eric Schrier, president of Original Programming for FX Networks and FX Productions handling Fox's joint venture interest.
In 2015, National Geographic Partners was formed as a reorganizations of the exist two TV channel joint ventures with National Geographic Society plus the addition of other media and consumer-oriented assets. Fox would own 73% of the partnership, while previous owning 73% of the international channels and 63% of the US channels.
Fox Networks Group
In January 2016, the Fox International Channels unit was announced to be split into three divisions, Fox Networks Group Europe, Fox Networks Group Latin America and Fox Networks Group Asia, all reporting to Fox Networks Group CEO Peter Rice and COO Randy Freer. As a result of this reorganization, the Fox International Channels banner was discontinued. In January 2017, Fox Network Group and 20th Century Fox formed FoxNext for various inactive projects.
- Fox Networks Digital Consumer Group - Everywhere products including FXNOW, FOX NOW, Nat Geo TV and Fox Sports Go
- FoxNext - dual reporting with the other report line is to 20th Century Fox; video games, virtual reality, theme park and attraction designs
Fox Television Group
- Fox Broadcasting Company - Fox Now app
- 20th Century Fox Television
- Fox Consumer Products
National Geographic Partners
- National Geographic Global Networks, Nat Geo TV app
- National Geographic Media, print and digital publishing
- Travel and tour operations
Fox Cable Networks
- FX Networks, FXNOW video on-demand app
- Baby Network Ltd., operator of BabyTV
Fox Sports Media Group
- Fox Sports, Fox Sports Go app
- Fox Sports Networks
- Fox Sports 1
- Fox Sports 2
- Fox Deportes
- Big Ten Network (51% owned in joint venture with Big Ten Conference)
- Fox Soccer Plus
- Fox College Sports
- Home Team Sports (HTS) advertising sales for sports channels including other regional sports networks plus commercial and program production, events, and local live custom brand integration
- Fox Networks Group Europe
|Country Subsidiary||Fox||Fox Crime||Fox Comedy||Fox Life||Fox Sports||Fox Movies||Nat Geo||Nat Geo Wild||Nat Geo People||24Kitchen||BabyTV
(Baby Network Ltd.)
|Fox Networks Group (UK) Limited||YourTV (1 October 2015-)|
|Fox Networks Group Italy SARL||Fox Animation|
|Fox International Channels Bulgaria EOOD||
|Fox Networks Group España, S.L.U.||
|Turkey (multiple business units)||||2012|
|Fox Networks Group Germany GMBH|||
|Fox Networks Group Benelux||French
- Fox Networks Group Latin America
- Fox Networks Group Asia
- Fox Networks Group Africa
- Fox Networks Group Middle East
- "Cable Network Programming". www.21cf.com. 21st Century Fox. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Work at the Fox Networks Digital Consumer Group". 21 Century Fox Careers Website. 21 Century Fox. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Carvajal, Doreen (May 18, 2008). "BabyTV and BabyFirstTV target the diaper set". New York Times. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "NGC Network to launch four new Nat Geo channels in India". The Economic Times. 21 May 2008. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "FOX launches 7 new TV channels in India". The Economic Times. PTI. 30 June 2010. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Kriek, Jarco (13 June 2012). "24Kitchen maand voor lancering al bij UPC te zien (24Kitchen month for launch already at UPC to see)". Totaal TV. Archived from the original on
|archive-date=(help). Retrieved September 10, 2018.
- "FIC buys Spanish doc channel". C21media. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- Gonzalez, Juan Fernandez (3 October 2013). "Fox International owns 100% of LAPTV". Rapid TV News. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- Briel, Robert (December 9, 2013). "A+E Networks establishes own Italian branch". Broadband TV News. Retrieved March 27, 2017.
- Team, The Deadline (September 30, 2013). "National Geographic International Announces Launch of Nat Geo People". Deadline. Retrieved September 10, 2018.
- Sweney, Mark (September 3, 2015). "Fox UK to launch free-to-air channel YourTV". The Guardian. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 19, 2013). "20th Century Fox TV Head Of Animation Jennifer Howell Exits". Deadline. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- "DNA Films, Fox Networks Group Partner to Create DNA TV Limited". July 10, 2014. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
Eric Schrier, president of Original Programming for FX Networks and FX Productions, will manage Fox Networks Group’s participation.
- Szalai, Georg (9/9/2015). "Fox, National Geographic Society Expand Partnership, Add Mag, Digital Assets in $725 Million Deal". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 6, 2018. Check date values in:
- Littleton, Cynthia (January 11, 2016). "Fox Reorganizes International Channels Division, CEO Hernan Lopez to Exit". Variety. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- McNary, Dave (January 18, 2017). "Fox Amps Up Immersive Business With FoxNext, Taps Salil Mehta". Variety. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- James, Meg (July 8, 2013). "Fox's Dana Walden, Gary Newman receive bigger TV portfolio". LA Times. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- "About the Show". Divorce Court.com. Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. Archived from the original on August 26, 2014. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "Work at Fox Consumer Products". 21 Century Fox Careers Website. 21 Century Fox. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- "Company: Baby Network Limited". mavise.obs.coe.int. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
- "21st Century Fox Acquires Majority Control of YES Network". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media. January 25, 2014.
- "Work at Home Team Sports". 21 Century Fox Careers Website. 21 Century Fox. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Fox Networks Group (UK) Limited - Overview". Companies House. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "Company: Fox International Channels (UK) Limited". MAVISE. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Corporate". MondoFox (in Italian). Fox Networks Group Italy S.r.l. Retrieved September 10, 2018.
- "Company: Fox International Channels Bulgaria EOOD". MAVISE. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Company: Fox Networks Group España, S.L.U." MAVISE. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "TV Channel: FOX (Turkey)". mavise. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "TV Channel: 24 Kitchen Turkey". MAVISE. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- Group, FOX Networks. [www.fngturkey.com/ "Fox Networks Group"] Check
|url=value (help). Fox Networks Group Turkey. Retrieved September 10, 2018.
- "Company: FOX Life Media Services AS". mavise.obs.coe.int. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Company: TGRT HABER TELEVİZYON A.Ş." mavise. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Company: Fox Networks Group Germany GMBH". MAVISE. European Audiovisual Observatory. Retrieved 2 October 2017.