Fox Lake Cree Nation
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
On November 8, 2007, Fox Lake Cree Nation dedicated a monumental statue in Gillam, Manitoba. This was to honor the Fox Lake Cree Nation members who died during the development of Manitoba Hydro in Fox Lake Cree Nation's territory and did not live to see the signing of an Impact Settlement Agreement between Fox Lake Cree Nation, Manitoba Hydro and the Government of Manitoba in 2004.
The Fox Lake Training Centre, offers courses and programs delivered by the University College of the North.
- A Kwis Ki Mahka Indian Reserve, 1.30 ha.
- Fox Lake Indian Reserve No. 1, 192 northeast of Thompson 561.70 ha.
- Fox Lake Indian Reserve No. 2, all portions of unsurveyed TWP 86, Range 21 E OF WPM 39.50 ha.
- Fox Lake Indian Reserve No. 3, TWP 77 & 78, Ranges 4&5, EPM 1138.80 ha.
- Gillam Indian Settlement, 0 ha.
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada "First Nation Profile"
- "Fox Lake Cree dedicate monument in Gillam". (November 2007). Fox Tracks, p.1.
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada "Reserves/Settlements/Villages Detail"
|This First Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|