Fox Movies (TV channel)
|Launched||8 February 2007|
|Owned by||Fox Networks Group |
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|beIN (MENA)||Channel 60 (HD)|
In 2008, Fox Movies was launched by Fox International Channels and Rotana Media Services along with Fox Series channels in the Middle East market. Fox then purchased a stake in Rotana, while the joint venture agreed with Disney to carry Disney and American Broadcasting Company content on the two channels for four years. In early March 2010, Fox International Channels agreed to move its Middle East and North Africa market channels' operations from Hong Kong and other locations to an Abu Dhabi facility. On 1 July 2011, Fox Movies was made available in Portugal on pay services and Angola and Mozambique on free-to-air.
On July 1, 2011, Fox Movies was launched by Fox International Channels Potugal with airing many genres including drama, comedy, science fiction, action and horror with programming during the summer slate included hits such as X-Men and The Queen.
On January 1, 2012, Star Movies was rebranded to Fox Movies Premium and FOX Movies Premium HD, available in Hong Kong and selected Southeast Asian countries. In India, China, Middle East and North Africa, Taiwan and the Philippines (SD only), the Star Movies brand remained until July 2017 when was rebranded to Fox Movies.
On October 2, 2012, Fox International Channels would launch another Fox Movies with being available to Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia and Kosovo regions.
|Market||Type||Formerly||launch date||Replacement||Replaced date||Other|
|United States||channel, basic cable||fXM: Movies from Fox||March 1, 2000||FXM||September 2013||N/A|
|Middle East||channel, free-to-air||n/a||2008||N/A||N/A||Fox Action Movies|
Fox Family Movies
|Southeast Asia||channel, pay||Star Movies (Vietnam), Fox Movies Premium (the rest of Southeast Asia countries)||June 10, 2017||Star Movies, Fox Movies Premium||2018|
|Japan||channel, pay ||Fox Movies★SF&Horror||May 30, 2007||N/A||N/A||N/A|
||channel, pay||N/A||July 1, 2011||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Dempsey, John (February 18, 2000). "Fixes for Fox web". Variety. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- Weisman, Jon (June 4, 2013). "FX Promotes John Landgraf to CEO". Variety. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- "Fox moves MENA channels to Abu Dhabi". C21media. 8 March 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "How has American entertainment become omnipresent in the Arab world?". Morocco World News. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- Briel, Robert (22 June 2011). "Fox Movies to launch in Portugal". Broadband TV News. Retrieved 22 June 2019.
- "Fox Movies adds Portuguese flavour | News". Rapid TV News. 2011-06-23. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- Chu, Karen (October 31, 2011). "Fox to Replace Star Movies in Asia with Fox Movies Premium". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 31, 2011.
- "Fox TV to launch in Balkans". Boardband News. 2012-10-02. Retrieved 2012-10-02.