Fox River Mall
Interstate 41 sign
|Location||Grand Chute, Wisconsin|
|Opening date||July 18, 1984|
|Owner||General Growth Properties|
|No. of stores and services||138|
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||1,210,000 sq ft (112,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||1 (Macy's, Scheels All Sports have two floors and a mezzanine level above the food court)|
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2016)|
The mall opened on July 18, 1984 with one anchor store, Sears, along with 67 other stores, a movie theater, and a Walgreens drugstore. Expanded several times in its history, it became the largest mall in Wisconsin in 2014, with 1.2 million square feet.
The Fox River Mall is a super regional shopping center of 1,210,000 square feet (112,000 m2), located on approximately 137 acres (0.55 km2) of land. It is the largest shopping mall in Wisconsin with over 138 stores. It is anchored by JCPenney, Sears, Macy's, Younkers, Scheels All Sports and Target. It has a food court called the Northwoods Café, which includes more than a dozen counter vendors. Fox River Plaza is a strip mall on the premises.
Fox River Mall is owned by General Growth Properties Inc.
Anchors and major stores
- JCPenney (opened in 1985) (83,999 sq ft.)
- Macy's (Former Marshall Field's) (opened in 1991 as Dayton's) (168,800 sq ft.)
- Scheels All Sports (opened in 2002) (175,850 sq ft.)
- Sears (opened in 1984) (127,606 sq ft.)
- Target (opened in 1985) (100,750 sq ft.)
- Younkers (opened in 1986 as Pranges) (113,766 sq ft.)
Automobile access to the mall is via the following:
- U.S. Interstate 41 from either north or south
- Wisconsin Highway 96 from either east or west
- College Ave. to Mall Dr.
Pedestrian entrances to the mall are three main entrances and all six major department stores. An elevator near the food court services the mezzanine. In addition, Macy's and Scheel's both have escalators and elevators to serve their second levels.