Fox River Mills
|Headquarters||Osage, Iowa, United States|
Fox River Mills, Inc., is a sock manufacturer based in Osage, Iowa.
The company was founded in 1900. In 1992, they purchased the Nelson Knitting Company of Rockford, Illinois, and in the process acquired the trademark on the Red Heel socks used to make sock monkeys. Fox River Mills includes instructions for making a sock monkey in every packet of Red Heel socks.
- Rose Apodaca. "The Agony of Da' Feet". Los Angeles Times. November 19, 1993. View, 1.
- Fiona Morgan. "Still life with monkeys". Independent Weekly. September 27, 2006. 34.
- David Nammany. "Sock Monkey Mania! Fox River Mills featured in new book about sock-made critters". Globe Gazette. April 24, 2007. Retrieved on September 29, 2008.
- Annette McGivney. "Fox River X-Static sock liners". Backpacker. April 1999. 87.
- Associated Press. "Iowa Company Launches Organic Socks". CBS News. December 11, 2005. Retrieved on September 29, 2008.