Fox School of Business and Management
Alter Hall on Montgomery Avenue and 13th Street
|Dean||Ronald C. Anderson|
|Location||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Colors||Cherry and White|
The Richard J. Fox School of Business and Management is the business school of Temple University. Located in Philadelphia, the Fox School offers several Master of Business Administration programs (full-time MBA, part-time MBA, international MBA, executive MBA and online MBA); several other master's degree programs; and several Ph.D. programs, including in accountancy, finance, marketing, international business, entrepreneurship, management of information systems, risk management and insurance, strategic management, and sports. The school has some 6,500 students, 155 full-time faculty, and over 42,000 graduates, of which about two-thirds live and work in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. It is the largest business school in the Philadelphia region and one of the largest in the world.
Established in 1918, it was named in honor of Richard J. Fox in 1999. The MBA program began in 1942. The school was accredited by the International Association for Management Education (now the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)) in 1973. The Ph.D in Economics program was established in 1976.
The Fox School opened an $80 million, 200,000 square foot facility named Alter Hall in April 2009. The seven-story building was constructed using smart classroom design components and features a trading room and business simulation center, along with one of the longest stock tickers in the United States.
Notable alumni and faculty
- Cody Calafiore – actor, model
- John Carrig - former COO and president for ConocoPhillips
- Sam Greenblatt - vice president of technology and architecture in Enterprise Solution Group of Dell
- Jai Gulati CEO of Systel
- Malgosia Majewska - Miss World Canada winner
- Larry Miller - president of Jordan Brand, former president of Portland Trail Blazers
- Zach Pfeffer (born 1995) - soccer player
- Brenton L. Saunders - CEO of Actavis, co-founder of Health Care Compliance Association
- Ash Vasudevan - founding Managing Partner of Edge Holdings
- "Company Overview of Planalytics, Inc.: Richard J. Fox". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- Alter Hall construction
- Dinan, Michael (12 January 2009). "Temple University Classes to Stream Live with Sonic Foundry's Mediasite". tmcnet.com. TMCnet. Retrieved 15 October 2015.