Fox Township, Kendall County, Illinois
Location in Kendall County
Kendall County's location in Illinois
|• Total||36.64 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.17 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.47 sq mi (1.2 km2) 1.28%|
|Elevation||636 ft (194 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||46.3/sq mi (17.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429022|
Fox Township occupies the 6 mile square on the western edge of Kendall County, Illinois. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,675 and it contained 619 housing units. The township was named after the Fox River, which in turn was likely named after the Fox Tribe of southeastern Wisconsin.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.64 square miles (94.9 km2), of which 36.17 square miles (93.7 km2) (or 98.72%) is land and 0.47 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 1.28%) is water. It includes the villages of Millbrook and Millington.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor.
- "Fox Township, Kendall County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|This Kendall County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|