Fox Valley Conference
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|School||Town||Team Name||Colors||Enrollment||IHSA Classes 2/3/4[nb 1][nb 2]|
|Cary-Grove High School||Cary||Trojans||1787||AA/3A/4A|
|Crystal Lake Central High School||Crystal Lake||Tigers||1540||AA/2A/3A|
|Crystal Lake South High School||Crystal Lake||Gators||1686||AA/3A/4A|
|Dundee-Crown High School||Carpentersville||Chargers||2460||AA/3A/4A|
|Hampshire High School||Hampshire||Whip-Purs||1491||AA/2A/3A|
|Huntley High School||Huntley||Red Raiders||2866||AA/3A/4A|
|Harry D. Jacobs High School||Algonquin||Golden Eagles||2191||AA/3A/4A|
|McHenry High Schools[nb 3]||McHenry||Warriors||2277||AA/3A/4A|
|Prairie Ridge High School||Crystal Lake||Wolves||1480||AA/3A/4A|
- Lake Zurich High School left the Fox Valley Conference and joined the North Suburban Conference after the 2004–05 school year.
- Johnsburg High School and Grayslake North High School joined the conference in the 2006–07 season.
- During the 2009–2010 season, Woodstock North High School joined the conference as a full member, and, as a result, Woodstock High School moved down to the Fox Division, and Huntley High School moved up to the Valley Division.
- Hampshire High School left the Big Northern Conference and has joined the Fox Valley starting in the 2011–12 season. They have joined the Fox Division, and, as a result, Prairie Ridge has moved into the Valley Division.
- Johnsburg High School will be joining the BNC beginning in 2014-2015
- Woodstock High School, Woodstock North High School, Grayslake North High School and Grayslake Central High School left the conference in 2016-2017.
- The state series class which a school competes in not only depends on the school's student population, but on the sport or activity. Some activities divide schools into two classes, some into three, and others into four. The listing here is in the order of two class, three class, and four class. The more "A"s in a class, the larger the schools competing. For more information on this, see Illinois High School Association#State Series Format.
- Schools are not assigned a classification for football until they have qualified for the playoffs each year. A school's classification not only depends on their student population, but on the populations of the other schools who have qualified. Thus, some schools routinely move between classes.
- McHenry High School is a program which combines students from McHenry East High School and McHenry West High School.
- "Conferences & Affiliated Schools". Illinois High School Association. December 26, 2011. Retrieved December 31, 2011.
- "School Enrollments (Alphabetical) – 2011–12". Illinois High School Association. August 30, 2011. Retrieved December 31, 2011.
- "School Classifications – 2011–12". Illinois High School Association. June 30, 2011. Retrieved December 31, 2011.
- Naqvi, Jameel (11 November 2009), "Hampshire to join Fox Valley Conference", Daily Herald, retrieved 9 January 2010,
The Community Unit District 300 school board voted unanimously Monday to move Hampshire High from the Big Northern to the Fox Valley Conference, where it will face stiffer competition from larger schools.