|Developer(s)||Foxit Software, Inc.|
|Stable release||10.1.3.37598 (March 22, 2021)|
|Available in||English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and 35 other languages|
|Type||Desktop publishing software|
Foxit Reader is a multilingual freemium PDF tool that can create, view, edit, digitally sign, and print PDF files. Foxit Reader is developed by Fuzhou, China-based Foxit Software. Early versions of Foxit Reader were notable for startup performance and small file size. Foxit v3.0 was found to be comparable to Adobe Reader. The Windows version allows annotating and saving unfinished PDF forms, FDF import/export, converting to text, highlighting and drawing. Starting with version 10, Foxit Reader no longer has PDF creation features.
As of 2015[update] Foxit Reader was available for Windows Vista and later, Apple iOS, Windows RT, Android and Windows Phone. Earlier Foxit versions support earlier operating systems (Windows 9x and later, Windows Mobile).
With version 6.1.4, the Foxit installer was bundled with potentially unwanted programs like OpenCandy which installed the browser-hijacking malware Conduit. Following complaints from users, it was removed after version 6.2.1.
In July 2014, the Internet Storm Center reported that the mobile version for iPhone was transmitting unencrypted telemetry and other data to remote servers located in China despite users attempting to opt out of such data collection.
- "Foxit Reader Version History". Foxit Software. Retrieved 2020-12-23.
- "Look! System Requirements". foxitsoftware.com. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- Popa, Bogdan (1 December 2014). "Foxit Reader". Softpedia. SoftNews.
- "Foxit Software Foxit Reader 3.0". PC World. Retrieved 2015-07-24.
- "PC World, Foxit (PDF) Reader review". Pcworld.com. Archived from the original on 24 July 2015. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "Foxit Reader Version History". Foxit Software.
PDF creation is not available in Foxit Reader 10.0.
- "Foxit Software - Downloads (Latest Version)". Foxitsoftware.com. 2009-11-26. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Download Foxit Reader (Windows Mobile)". Retrieved 5 December 2015.Web site offering Foxit for Windows CE from 2008
- Wesemann, Daniel (22 July 2014). "App 'telemetry'". InfoSec Handlers Diary. SANS Institute.