|Launched||28 March 2015|
|Owned by||Foxtel Networks|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV 16:9)|
|Slogan||The Home Of Arts|
|Sister channel(s)||Foxtel Networks channels|
|Foxtel Go||Channel 133|
Foxtel Arts replaced the SBS owned arts channel Studio, and became the third iteration of a dedicated arts channel on Foxtel in six years. The Foxtel owned and operated channel launched 10am AEST on 28 March 2015. Part of the reason for launching the channel was to give Foxtel the ability to pitch programming to viewers aged over 55, a demographic the service began to pursue in 2014. In addition, the launch came at a time when Foxtel sought to bring more channels 'in-house' in order to obtain more exclusive content deals to increase their competitiveness with new streaming services such as Netflix and Stan.
From 11 October 2017, Foxtel Arts will become a part-day channel, and will only be broadcast between 6pm and midnight. This is due to a move by Foxtel to enable Foxtel Arts to share the same broadcast bandwidth as Foxtel Smooth, which will in turn only be available between midnight and 6pm.
Regular programming includes programming featuring or related to opera, ballet, music, theatre, dance, classical and contemporary performance, as well as documentary specials and series from cinema, literature, music, visual art and artists.
- "Foxtel Arts: art, artists and their creative achievements". Foxtel. 23 March 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Foxtel to replace Studio with Arts HD channel". The Australian. 24 November 2014. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Foxtel Set Launch Date For New Arts Channel". The Music. 17 March 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Barrett, Dan (26 November 2014). "Arts HD Further Strengthens Foxtel's Bid For 55+". Televised Revolution. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Perry, Kevin (27 November 2014). "Foxtel confirms new HD Arts Channel as SVOD strategy becomes clearer @Foxtel". DeciderTV. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Foxtel downgrades Smooth, Foxtel Arts. Axes LifeStyle YOU". TV Tonight. 2017-08-03. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- Groves, Don (17 March 2015). "Plenty of local content on Foxtel's new arts channel". If.com.au. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Knox, David (28 March 2015). "Foxtel Arts channel launches". TV Tonight. Retrieved 28 August 2015.