Foz do Iguaçu International Airport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Foz do Iguaçu/Cataratas International Airport
Aeroporto Internacional de Foz do Iguaçu/Cataratas
|IATA: IGU – ICAO: SBFI|
|Serves||Foz do Iguaçu|
|Elevation AMSL||239 m / 786 ft|
It is operated by Infraero.
Airlines and destinations
Accidents and incidents
- 18 August 2000: a VASP Boeing 737-2A1 registration PP-SMG en route from Foz do Iguaçu to Curitiba was hijacked by 5 persons with the purpose of robbing BRL 5 million (approximately US$2.75 million at that time) that the aircraft was transporting. The pilot was forced to land at Porecatu where the hijackers fled with the money. There were no victims.
The airport is located 12 km (7 mi) from downtown Foz do Iguaçu. A regular bus service connects the airport to the city.
- "Movimento operacional da rede Infraero de janeiro a dezembro de 2013" (PDF) (in Portuguese). Infraero. February 4, 2014. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- "Airport Official Website" (in Portuguese). Infraero.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- "Incident description PP-SMG". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- Maschio, José (21 August 2000). "PF liga sequestro de avião da VASP à rebelião em penitenciária em Roraima" (in Portuguese). Folha Online. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- Airport information for SBFI at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBFI at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for SBFI at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for IGU at Aviation Safety Network