After creating hairstyles for models on both catwalks and magazine covers, he opened two salons in New York City and Los Angeles and went on to launch his own line of hair care products. Fekkai has styled the hair of many prominent women, such as Kim Basinger, Jessica Lange, Sigourney Weaver, Claudia Schiffer, Debra Messing, Renée Zellweger, and Hillary Clinton. He is often regarded as a celebrity hair stylist.
In 2015, Fekkai and his wife acquired Côté Bastide, a 25-year-old lifestyle brand from his hometown of Aix-en-Provence. The couple relaunched the business as Bastide, a collection of natural beauty and luxury home products. The name is inspired by the couple's own Bastide (Provençal manor) in Aix
Fekkai divides his time between New York City and Aix-en-Provence, France
- Bryony Gordon (2005-06-22). "A hairstylist stars don't leave home without". London: Telegraph Media Group (Online version of The Daily Telegraph). Retrieved 2007-05-02.
- "Biography of Frederic Fekkai". New Beauty magazine. Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- "The Stars and Valentino From the show Oprah Goes to Paris". The Oprah Winfrey Show. Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- Jane Clayson, on The Early Show (2002-06-25). "Summer Hair: Naturally Free". CBS Interactive Inc. (Online version of CBS News). Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- Kate Novack (2004-09-06). "Closet Capers, Three stylish lads share the secrets of their hip haberdashery". TIME Online Edition. Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- Peter Born (2016-12-02). "Frederic Fekkai Recassts Provence with Bastide". New York: WWD). Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- FERNANDA EBERSTADT (2016-02-02). "Frédéric Fekkai's Gorgeous Vacation Home in the South of France". New York: Architectural Digest). Retrieved 2017-01-24.
|This French business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|