This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Church of San Martín de Frómista.
|Autonomous community||Castile and León|
|Comarca||Tierra de Campos|
|• Mayor||Fernando Díaz Mediavilla|
|• Total||46.59 km2 (17.99 sq mi)|
|Elevation||780 m (2,560 ft)|
|• Density||17/km2 (43/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Frómista is a municipality located in the province of Palencia, Castile and León, Spain. According to the 2009 data (INE), the municipality had a population of 822 inhabitants. In previous centuries, Frómista had a significant population supported by the farming of wheat.
The other church in town Santa Maria del Castillo located near the train station, is considered redundant and is normally kept locked.
- Romanesque church of San Martín de Tours de Frómista (11th century).
- Church of Santa Maria del Castillo, in Gothic-Renaissance style
- Church of St. Peter (begun in the 15th century)
- "Municipal Register of Spain 2018". National Statistics Institute. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Gitlitz & Davidson, The Pilgrimage Road to Santiago: The Complete Cultural Handbook, 2000, St Martin's Press, ISBN 0-312-25416-4
- Ellingham & Fisher, Spain: The Rough Guide, 1994,Penguin Books,ISBN 1-85828-081-8
|This article about a location in the province of Palencia, Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|