||It has been suggested that fractional-order system be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2013.|
Fractional dynamics is a field of study in physics, mechanics, mathematics, and economics investigating the behavior of objects and systems that are described by using integrations and differentiation of fractional orders, by methods in the fractional calculus.
Derivatives and integrals of fractional orders are used to describe objects that can be characterized by power-law nonlocality, power-law long-term memory or fractal properties. Related applications include acoustical wave equations (see also the Applications section in the Fractional calculus article).
- Metzler, R.; Klafter, J. (2000). "The random walk's guide to anomalous diffusion: A fractional dynamics approach". Phys. Rep. 339 (1): 1–77. doi:10.1016/s0370-1573(00)00070-3.
- B.J. West, M. Bologna, P. Grigolini, Physics of Fractal Operators.  Springer, 2003. 354 pages/ Chapter 3.
- G.M. Zaslavsky. Hamiltonian Chaos and Fractional Dynamics  Oxford University Press, 2008. 432 pages
- V. Lakshmikantham, S. Leela, J. Vasundhara Devi, Theory of Fractional Dynamic Systems  Cambridge Scientific Publishers, 2009.
- F. Mainardi, Fractional Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity: An Introduction to Mathematical Models Imperial College Press, 2010.
- V.E. Tarasov, Fractional Dynamics: Applications of Fractional Calculus to Dynamics of Particles, Fields and Media Springer, 2010. 504 pages ISBN 978-3-642-14003-7
- R. Caponetto, G. Dongola, L. Fortuna, I. Petras, Fractional Order Systems: Modeling and Control Applications World Scientific Publishing Company, 2010.
- A.C.J. Luo, V. Afraimovich (Eds.), Long-range Interaction, Stochasticity and Fractional Dynamics Springer, 2010. ISBN 978-3-642-12342-9
- J. Klafter, S.C. Lim, R. Metzler (Eds.), Fractional Dynamics. Recent Advances. (World Scientific, Singapore, 2011).
- Michelitsch, T.M.; Collet, B.; Nowakowski, A.F.; Nicolleau, F.C.G.A. (2015). "Fractional Laplacian matrix on the finite periodic linear chain and its periodic Riesz fractional derivative continuum limit". J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 48: 295202. doi:10.1088/1751-8113/48/29/295202.
- Changpin Li, Yujiang Wu, Ruisong Ye (Eds.), Recent Advances in Applied Nonlinear Dynamics with Numerical Analysis: Fractional Dynamics, Network Dynamics, Classical Dynamics and Fractal Dynamics with Their Numerical Simulations World Scientific, 2013.
- Fractional Differential Equations
- Fractional calculus
- Acoustic attenuation
- Fractional quantum mechanics
- Fractional Schrödinger equation
- Physics of Fractal Operators.
- Hamiltonian Chaos and Fractional Dynamics.
- Theory of Fractional Dynamic Systems.
- Fractional Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity: An Introduction to Mathematical Models.
- Fractional Order Systems: Modeling and Control Applications.
- Recent Advances in Applied Nonlinear Dynamics with Numerical Analysis: Fractional Dynamics, Network Dynamics, Classical Dynamics and Fractal Dynamics with Their Numerical Simulations
- Fractional Differential Equations (FDE)