François-Xavier de Donnea
|François-Xavier de Donnea|
De Donnea (left) with Commercial Diplomat Colin Evans
|Minister-President of Brussels|
18 October 2000 – 6 June 2003
|Preceded by||Jacques Simonet|
|Succeeded by||Daniel Ducarme|
|Mayor of Brussels|
21 May 1995 – 18 October 2000
|Preceded by||Freddy Thielemans|
|Succeeded by||Freddy Thielemans|
29 April 1941|
|Political party||Reformist Movement|
Catholic University of Louvain|
University of California, Berkeley
Erasmus University, Rotterdam
François Xavier Gustave Marie Joseph Corneille Hubert, Knight de Donnea de Hamoir (born 29 April 1941 in Edegem, Antwerp) is a Belgian politician and a former mayor of the City of Brussels and Minister-President of the Brussels-Capital Region. He is also a former member of the Olivaint Conference of Belgium.
He was also the defence minister and minister of the Brussels-Capital Region in the government Martens-IV from 1985 to 1988. He's currently a member of the Belgian Chamber of People's Representatives for the political party MR. In december 1999 he performed the wedding of the duke of Brabant and Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz in the City town hall.
In 2006 he became a board member of WildlifeDirect.
On 17 July 2008 he was one of three senior Belgian politicians commissioned by King Albert II to investigate ways of enabling constitutional reform talks in the light of the long-running Belgian constitutional crisis.
- Officer of the Legion of Honour.
- Knight Grand Cross in the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic.
- Knight Grand Cross in the Royal Order of the Polar Star.
- Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Dannebrog.
- Knight Grand Cross in the Order of Merit, Korea.
- Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Liberator.
- Knight Grand Cross in the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Knight Grand Officer in the Order of the Oak Crown.
- Knight Grand Officer in the Order of Merit, France..
- Knight Grand Officer in the Order of Isabella the Catholic.
- Knight of the Order of Saint Stanislaus.
| Mayor of Brussels
| Minister-President of Brussels