Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table. François Bégaudeau (French pronunciation: [fʁɑ̃swa beɡodo]; born 27 April 1971) is a French writer, journalist and actor.
Life and career
He was born in Luçon, Vendée and was first a member of the 1990s punk rock group Zabriskie Point. After receiving his degree in Literature, he taught high school in Dreux and in an inner city middle school in Paris. He published his first novel, Jouer juste in 2003. In 2005, he published Dans la diagonale and Un démocrate, Mick Jagger 1960-1969, a fictionalized account of the life of Mick Jagger.
François Bégaudeau is a movie critic for the French version of Playboy, having previously worked for the Cahiers du cinéma. He also was a regular contributor for several French magazines, including Inculte, Transfuge and So Foot. Since September 2006, he has been a columnist for La Matinale and Le Cercle on Canal+ television.
He worked on the screenplay of Entre les murs, a film based on his 2006 novel, in collaboration with Laurent Cantet. He also starred in the film, which received the Palme d'Or at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival, and an Academy Award nomination for Best Foreign Language Film in 2009 (though it lost to Japan's Departures). The English-language version of Entre les murs was published in April 2009 by Seven Stories Press under the title The Class.
- Jouer juste, Éditions Verticales, 2003
- Dans la diagonale, Éditions Verticales, 2005
- Un démocrate : Mick Jagger 1960-1969, Naïve Records, 2005
- Entre les murs, Éditions Verticales, 2006
- Collaboration for Débuter dans l'enseignement : Témoignages d'enseignants, conseils d'experts, ESF, 2006
- Collaboration for Devenirs du roman, Naïve Records, 2007
- Collaboration for Une année en France : Réferendum/banlieues/CPE, Gallimard, 2007
- Fin de l'histoire, Éditions Verticales, 2007
- Vers la Douceur, Éditions Verticales, 2009
- Official site with photos and videos of François Bégaudeau
- Short biography with a photo of François Bégaudeau in French
- Interview with François Bégaudeau
- Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table. at the Internet Movie Database
Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.
Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.