|President of the United Nations Security Council|
1 March 2019 – 31 March 2019
|Preceded by||Anatolio Ndong Mba|
Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
|Succeeded by||Christoph Heusgen|
|Permanent Representative of France to the United Nations|
|Assumed office |
15 July 2014
|Preceded by||Gérard Araud|
|Ambassador of France to the United States|
|Preceded by||Pierre Vimont|
|Succeeded by||Gérard Araud|
|Ambassador of France to Canada|
|Born||15 November 1963|
|Residence||New York City|
|Alma mater||Sciences Po, ÉNA|
François Delattre (born 15 November 1963) is the Permanent Representative of France to the United Nations in New York and head of France's UN mission since 2014. He was appointed to this position by French president François Hollande on 12 June 2014 with effect from 15 July 2014. He was the Ambassador of France to the United States until 14 June 2014, an appointment made in February 2011 by President Nicolas Sarkozy.
He is appointed Secretary General of the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, where he will serve as of 1 July 2019.
Delattre joined the French Foreign Ministry in 1989, he served at the French embassy to Germany, and in the Department of Strategic Affairs and Disarmament. Delattre was Press and Communications Director at the French Embassy in Washington, D.C., from 1998 to 2002; Deputy Director of the French Foreign Minister's Office from 2002 to 2004; French Consul General in New York City from 2004 to 2008; and Ambassador of France to Canada from 2008 to 2011.
- Columbia University, European Institute, Member of the Advisory Board
- United Nations International School (UNIS), Honorary Trustee
- "French ambassador highlights ties with Florida". The Miami Herald. December 11, 2011.
- "Décret du 12 juin 2014 portant nomination d'un ambassadeur, représentant permanent de la France au Conseil de sécurité et chef de la mission permanente française près les Nations unies à New York - M. DELATTRE (François)". Legifrance. 15 June 2014.
- Morning, French (7 November 2016). "Accueil". French Morning.
- "His Excellency Mr. François Delattre - Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs". www.carnegiecouncil.org.
- "Alliance Program". alliance.columbia.edu.
- "Mr. François Delattre, Ambassador of France in Canada". Consulat général de France à Toronto.
- "La France au Canada/France in Canada". ca.ambafrance.org.
- Advisory Board Columbia University, European Institute.
- Honorary Trustees United Nations International School (UNIS).
- France, Newfoundland sign driver-licensing pact
- Rabbi Arthur Schneier Presented With Legion of Honor Medal by François Delattre, France’s Ambassador to the United States
- French Ambassador François Delattre visited Atlanta for the first time on May 26-27
- French Ambassador to the US François Delattre Speaks about Libya on CNN
- Appearances on C-SPAN