|Full name||François Omam-Biyik|
|Date of birth||21 May 1966|
|Place of birth||Sackbayene, Cameroon|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
François Omam-Biyik (born 21 May 1966 in Sackbayene) is a former football player from Cameroon who played as a forward. He also has French nationality. He was one of the most important players of the Cameroonian national team in the nineties, playing at the three World Cups in 1990, 1994 and 1998. He played 63 international matches in total.
Omam-Biyik's greatest moment came when he scored the downward header that gave Cameroon a historic 1–0 win over defending world champions Argentina in the San Siro in the opening match of the 1990 World Cup. He also scored against Sweden in the first round of the 1994 World Cup.
He had success with different French clubs before moving to Marseille in the summer of 1992. He only played one match, and was transferred to Lens in October 1992. After a few years he continued his career in Mexico with Club América and Puebla F.C., with short stops in European clubs towards the late nineties. Omam-Biyik retired after the 1999/2000 season.
His aerial ability led to the term "Omam-Biyik" being used as a nickname for a headed goal.
In 1987 and 1991 he finished third in a run for an African Footballer of the Year award.
- August 2010–November 2011 Cameroon football team: Omam-Biyik was appointed assistant coach of the Indomitable Lions (Cameroon football team) for a 2-year tenure, with Spaniard-Javier Clemente as head coach.
- May 2013–July 2013 Gomido FC: Omam-Biyik became the head coach of Togolese side Gomido. He pledged to help rebuild the first team but worked with the club for just two months.
- August 2013– US Bitam: On 20 July 2013 Omam-Biyik was signed to coach Gabonese champions Union Sportive de Bitam, replacing his compatriot Thomas Libiih.
Scored the first goal of 1990 FIFA World Cup
- François Omam – FIFA competition record
- "World Cup: 25 stunning moments … No1: Cameroon stun Argentina in 1990". Guardian. 12 February 2014. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- François Omam-Biyik – French league stats at LFP
- François Omam Biyik – Liga MX stats at MedioTiempo.com (in Spanish)
- "Togo: Oman Biyik, New Coach of 'Gomido'". Télégramme228. AllAfrica.com. 4 May 2013.
- "Omam Biyik entraîneur de l’US Bitam" (in French). Starafrica.com. 2 August 2013.
- "World Cup Trivia - Fathers, Sons and Brothers, Uncles and Nephews". RSSSF. 2 October 2014. Archived from the original on 26 February 2015.
- Kobo, Kingsley (4 January 2012). "Fifa clears Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik to play for Cameroon". Goal.com.
- François Omam-Biyik at National-Football-Teams.com