This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Françoise Nielly is a French knife-painter who is famous for painting vibrant and colourful closeup portraits of people such as Barack Obama. She was born in Marseille, brought up near Cannes and Saint-Tropez and is now living in Paris.
Françoise Niellys artwork is typically vibrant, and detailed. A lot of her work is inspired by urban life. Françoise uses knives to paint her artwork as she seems to prefer the thick, clean brushstrokes created by them. Painting portraits is her specialty. As a child, she was taught by her father that there was "no room for mistakes", and this has potentially influenced the intricacy of her artwork. She layers her paintings with bright and contrasting colour. She was represented in many exhibitions and art fairs in Europe (Spain, France, UK) and America (US, Canada).
You can see her work at http://www.francoise-nielly.com/
- Collection mode/fashion with IRM design
- Collaboration with CITROEN and Estech for the SURVOLT ART CAR (2010-2011) Electric Concept-car based on Survolt (exposed about one year on Citroën Show-room C42 in Champs-Élysées, Paris) You can see it in 'Conservatoire Citroën' in Aulnay-sous-Bois. It was described as 'Visual representation of power of electricity'
- LAMINATE MOST WANTED Magazine http://laminate.bigcartel.com/product/laminate-7-most-wanted-chain-gang
- SNOWBOARD/ limited edition for Burton
- Galerie Stegle, Ste Maxime 1997