|Doctoral advisor||Mario Ahues
|Notable awards||Adams Prize (2012)|
Françoise Tisseur is a numerical analyst and Professor of Numerical Analysis at the School of Mathematics, University of Manchester, UK. She works in numerical linear algebra and in particular on nonlinear eigenvalue problems and structured matrix problems, including the development of algorithms and software.
She is a graduate of the University of St-Etienne, France, from where she gained her Maitrise (Mathematical Engineering) in 1993, Diplome d’Etude Approfondie in 1994, and PhD (Numerical Analysis) in 1997.
Tisseur is a member of the editorial boards of the SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications and the IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis.
Tisseur was awarded the 2010 Whitehead Prize by the London Mathematical Society for her research achievements in numerical linear algebra, including polynomial eigenvalue and structured matrix problems. She was awarded the 2011-2012 Adams Prize of the University of Cambridge for her work on polynomial eigenvalue problems.
- "MathSciNet". Retrieved October 25, 2010.
- "Zentralblatt MATH". Retrieved October 25, 2010.
- "ResearcherID". Retrieved October 25, 2010.
- "Google Scholar". Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- Françoise Tisseur. "Françoise Tisseur's Home Page". Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- Françoise Tisseur at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- London Mathematical Society. "Prize Winners 2010". Retrieved October 25, 2010.
- Faculty of Mathematics, University of Cambridge. "Adams Prize winners 2011-12 announced". Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- University of Manchester. "Françoise Tisseur – Personal Details". Retrieved October 25, 2010.
- University of Manchester. "Françoise Tisseur – Research". Retrieved August 26, 2012.