||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Capo was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records (1989), Ripley's Believe it or Not! (2006) and the Book of Alternative Records (2006). She is currently listed in the Guinness World Records as the fastest-talking female, having broken the record twice. Capo set the current record on June 5, 1990 at the Guinness Museum in Las Vegas, speaking 603.32 words in 54.2 seconds. She first broke the record speaking 585 words-per-minute (wpm) on Larry King Live on March 5, 1986. Capo also holds a record for highest elevation for a book signing, as the only author to do a book-signing on top of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Capo has appeared on television and radio shows, including Entertainment Tonight, Larry King Live, Last Call with Carson Daly, Good Morning America, The Martha Stewart Show, the Fox Newsshow Last Call with Rick Leventhal, Dog Eat Dog, Nick at Nite, and the Discovery Channel. She has co-hosted a TV show herself. She also has written for international magazines and published several books, as well as writing a weekly blog, Fran's World.
Capo raised her son, Spencer, as a single mother in New York, with family help.
- Fastest Talker: World' Record #1: Fastest Talking Female, Fran Capo.com, September 19, 2006, retrieved October 8, 2012. Archived March 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Fastest talking female-world record set by Fran Capo", World Record Academy, October 27, n.y., retrieved October 8, 2012.
- 2006 Ripley's Believe it or Not! - Planet Eccentric book (page 109)
- "It happened in New York City; remarkable events that shaped history", Reference & Research Book News, May 1, 2010, (online at Highbeam, subscription required).
- Writer, Fran Capo.com, retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Patricia Poist, "Fast-talkers keep stiff upper lips", Sunday News (Lancaster, Pennsylvania), July 9, 2006, (online at Highbeam, subscription required).
- Spokesperson, Fran Capo.com, retrieved October 8, 2012.
- "Solo with a son: Single moms face challenges in raising sons, but with a little help, boys do just fine", Homefront, Christian Science Monitor, September 13, 2000, (online at Highbeam, subscription required).