Kranz at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con
|Born||Francis Elliott Kranz
July 13, 1981
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||Yale University|
Francis Elliott "Fran" Kranz (born July 13, 1981) is an American comedian and film, television and Broadway actor. He is best known for his portrayal of Topher Brink in the science fiction drama series Dollhouse. He had prominent roles in the films The Cabin in the Woods and Much Ado About Nothing. In 2012, he played Bernard in Death of a Salesman beginning a career on Broadway that continued with 2014's You Can't Take It With You.
Kranz was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. He started acting in third and fourth grade, and knew from a very young age that he wanted to become an actor. He graduated from Harvard-Westlake School, in 1999. He then graduated from Yale University in 2004, where he was a member of the improv comedy group The Ex!t Players.
|Training Day||College Driver|
|2002||Orange County||Shane Brainard|
|2003||Matchstick Men||Slacker Boyfriend|
|Swordswallowers and Thin Men||Adrian|
|2004||The Village||Christop Crane|
|2006||Bickford Shmeckler's Cool Ideas||Ralph|
|The Night of the White Pants||Millian Hagan|
|The TV Set||Zach Harper|
|2007||Rise: Blood Hunter||Alex|
|Untitled Christine Taylor Project||Brian|
|Shades of Ray||Sal Garfinkle|
|Last Meal||Noah||Short film|
|2009||My Two Fans||Thad|
|2010||Don't Fade Away||Ben|
|2011||Diary of A Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules||Bill Walter|
|Fanboy||Jeremiah Brennan||Short film|
|The Five Stages of Grief||Daniel||Short film|
|2012||The Cabin in the Woods||Marty|
|Much Ado About Nothing||Claudio|
|It's Not You, It's Me||Jack||Short film|
|2013||Last Weekend||Sean Oakes|
|Seasick Sailor||Wormy Guy||Short film|
|2014||Lust for Love||Astor|
|Before I Disappear||Darren|
|Murder of a Cat||Clinton|
|The Truth About Lies||Gilby Smalls|
|1998||Frasier||Aaron||Episode: "Good Grief"|
|2008||Welcome to the Captain||Josh Flug|
|2008||Private Practice||Brian||Episode: "Equal & Opposite"|
|2008||It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia||College Student||Episode: "Who Pooped the Bed?"|
|2009–2010||Dollhouse||Topher Brink||27 episodes|
|2011||Goodnight Burbank||Chaz Parker||Episode: "Lesbians on Acid"|
|2012||Dating Rules from My Future Self||Sorbet Guy||2 episodes|
|2013||The Good Wife||Eugene||Episode: "A More Perfect Union"|
|2012||Death of a Salesman||Bernard||In Ethel Barrymore Theatre, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman|
|2014||You Can't Take It With You||Tony Kirby||In Longacre Theater, starring James Earl Jones|
|2012||JourneyQuest||Silver Tom||8 episodes|
- "California Births, 1905 - 1995". familytreelegends.com. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Moorhouse, Drusilla (April 24, 2009). "Dollhouse: Fran Kranz Talks Topher". E!. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- "Francis Elliott Kranz, Born 07/13/1981 in California". CaliforniaBirthIndex.org. 1981-07-13. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- Bühnsack, Catherine. "Interview with Fran Kranz". myfanbase.de. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Remington, Alex (March 28, 2008), "Interview with Fran Kranz, Star, CBS's Welcome to the Captain", Huffington Post
- Lytton, Charlotte (March 16, 2012). "Interview: Fran Kranz". redbrick.me. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Gans, Andrew."Starry Revival of Arthur Miller's 'Death of a Salesman' Opens on Broadway" playbill.com, March 15, 2012
- Tedder, Michael (2014-09-29). "Fran Kranz on Joss Whedon and Broadway’s ‘You Can’t Take It With You’". Variety.com. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- Staff. "The Verdict: Critics Review 'You Can't Take It With You', Starring James Earl Jones and Elizabeth Ashley, on Broadway" playbill.com, September 28, 2014
- Caroline van Oosten de Boer, Milo Vermeulen. "Post about ''MegaBot'' on". Whedonesque.com. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- Fran Kranz at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Kranz - "Fran Kranz on theater, film, and his haircut"
- Fran Kranz at the Internet Broadway Database (IMBD.com)