|Alma mater||London Film School|
|Television||Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (1983–86, 2002–04)|
MasterChef (1990–2001, 2005–present)
Francis George "Franc" Roddam (born 29 April 1946) is an English film director, businessman, screenwriter, television producer and publisher, best known as the creator of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet and the director of Quadrophenia (1979). He is a graduate of London Film School.
Roddam's films include Quadrophenia, K2, Aria, The Lords of Discipline and War Party. He created the worldwide TV franchise, MasterChef, which is shown in 200 countries worldwide and there are 47 locally produced versions.
He also produced formats for Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, Making Out, and Harry, all of which were highly successful TV dramas. He directed the award-winning TV drama Dummy, which won the prestigious Prix Italia Drama Prize. He directed the Grammy-nominated/Golden Globe nominated US mini-series Moby Dick and Cleopatra.
He won awards for his BBC documentaries, Mini and The Family. He is the founder and Chairman of Ziji Publishing, whose many titles include The Last Templar which sold over 5 million copies worldwide. He is a sponsor and former Governor of the London Film School and is an active member of the Greenworld Campaign."Green World, Meet the Team, BOARD OF DIRECTORS". 2020. Retrieved 2021-03-15.
- Quadrophenia (1979) - Director/Co-Writer
- The Lords of Discipline (1983) - Director
- The Bride (1985) - Director
- Aria (1987) - Co-director
- War Party (1988) - Director
- K2 (1991) - Director
- Birthday (1969) - Director
- The Fight (1973) - Executive Producer
- The Family (1974) - Co-Director
- Mini (1975) - Director (episode of Inside Story documentary series)
- Dummy (1977) - Director/Producer
- Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (1983-2004) - Format Creator, Executive Producer, Writer
- Johnny Oddball (1985) - Director (episode of 40 Minutes documentary series; sequel to Mini)
- Making Out (1989) - Format Creator
- An Ungentlemanly Act (1992) - Executive Producer
- Harry (1993-1995) - Format Creator, Executive Producer
- The Crow Road (1996) - Executive Producer
- Cleopatra (1999) - Director (2 x 90 mins)
- Moby Dick (1998) - Director (2 x 90 mins)
- The Canterbury Tales (2003) - Format Creator, Executive Producer
- MasterChef (2007-2015) - Format Creator, Executive Producer
Director on numerous accounts, including:
- The Observer
- Campbell Soups
- COI – Aids Campaign
- Waltzing Matilda — Producer/Director/Co-Writer
- Let's Face It — Producer/Director/Co-Writer
- IGGY — Format Creator/Co-Writer
- Win-Win — Format Creator/Co-Producer
- 2 in a Million — Format Creator/Producer
- "Franc Roddam: from parkas to the perfect souffle". The Guardian. 2011-11-09. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "Endemol Shine lands multiple 'MasterChef' deals in Nordics". TBI Vision. 2020-04-16. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Dams, Tim (2020-03-02). "Endemol Shine Cooks Up 'MasterChef' Deals Across Asia". Variety. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Franc Roddam.|