France–Iraq relations refers to the international relations between France and Iraq. Before Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990, France enjoyed friendly relations with former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein, however the relationship turned sour once Iraq entered Kuwaiti soil and soon France cut off ties with Iraq. Following thirteen years, France resumed relations with Iraq in 2003. Iraq has an embassy in Paris and France has an embassy and a representative office in Baghdad.
- Foreign relations of France
- Foreign relations of Iraq
- French support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war
- Iraq and the European Union
- David Styan, France & Iraq: Oil, Arms and French Policy Making in the Middle East, published by I.B.Tauris, 2006 ISBN 1-84511-045-5.
- French Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Official Website
- Iraq Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Official Website
- Iraq / France Relations diplomatie.gouv.fr (English)