||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2011)|
She was appointed by President Barack Obama to the National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Offshore Drilling. She currently serves on the boards of the World Resources Institute, the Energy Future Coalition, the Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions, and Conservation International's Center for Environmental Leadership in Business. She previously served on the boards of the Wilderness Society, the China-U.S. Center for Sustainable Development, and the New York League of Conservation Voters.
In 2007, Beinecke was awarded the prestigious Rachel Carson Award, a premier award which honors distinguished female leaders impacting the environmental world.
- Clean Energy Common Sense: An American Call To Action On Global Climate Change, with Bob Deans, Rowman & Littlefield, 2010, ISBN 978-1-4422-0317-4, OCLC 460060057
- with Bob Deans, Sigourney Weaver (Foreword) (2014). The World We Create: A Message of Hope for a Planet in Peril. Rowman & Littlefield. ISBN 144223637X.
- Profile at Natural Resources Defense Council
- Frances Beinecke on Facebook
- Column archive at The Huffington Post
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Works by or about Frances Beinecke in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Frances G. Beinecke at SourceWatch
- Frances Beinecke collected news and commentary at Bloomberg
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|