Francesc Orella i Pinell|
June 11, 1957
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
|Residence||Sant Cugat del Vallès|
Institut del Teatre|
Herbert Berghoff Studio
|Known for||The interpretation of "Merlí" in the series of TVC Merlí.|
In 2008, Orella won a Max award for Best Actor for his role in An Enemy of the People. In June 2009, he was awarded the National Theatre performance "strong, unique, compelling, moving and flawless" in theater productions of all records.
Born in Barcelona in 1957, he graduated from the Institut del Teatre in his hometown, and later moved to the United States to study at the Herbert Berghoff Studio (HB Studio) in New York City where he studied with actors such as John Strasberg, Carol Rosenfeld, Carlos Gandolfo, Genadi Karatkov and Bob McAndrew.
In the world of the cinema made debut in several films and series produced by TV3, until in the year 2000 made debut in the Commissary, of Telecinco.
He later appeared in series and mini-series as Ventdelplà (2009) or Infieles (2009), and debuted as co-star in Las veus del Pamano (2009), Ermessenda (2010) and Prim, l'assassinat del carrer del Turco (2014). In 2015 he joined the cast of the new series Carlos, Rey Emperador where he gave life to Cardinal Adrian of Utrecht.
In the middle of 2015 he got the starring role of "Merlí" in TVC's TV series Merlí, which made him famous both nationally and internationally. He plays a professor of Philosophy who encourages his students to think freely through unorthodox methods, a man who has a seductive and intense sex life.
|2000||Andorra, entre el torb i la Gestapo|
|2015||Carlos, rey emperador||Adrian VI|
- Jordi Savall, Núria Font, Francesc Orella i l'Associació de Professionals del Circ, Premis Nacionals de Cultura [Jordi Savall, Núria Font, Francesc Orella and the Association of Circus Professionals, National Culture Awards]. VilaWeb (in Catalan). Partal, Maresma i Associats sl. 29 June 2009. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- Atresmedia compra els drets de 'Merlí' [Atresmedia buys the rights to 'Merlí']. ara.cat (in Catalan). Department de la Presidència. 5 November 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- Juanico, Núria (22 November 2016). Netflix compra els drets de 'Merlí' [Netflix buys the rights to 'Merlí']. ara.cat (in Catalan). Department de la Presidència. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Els professors" [The professors]. ccma.cat/tv3/merli (in Catalan). Corporació Catalana de Mitjans Audiovisuals. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- Amela, Víctor M. (16 October 2014). "Francesc Orella: "Los personajes oscuros son los más emocionantes"" ["Dark characters are the most exciting"]. La Vanguardia (in Catalan). Retrieved 5 August 2017.