|Born||December 7, 1962|
|Alma mater||University of Pisa|
|Institutions||University of Padova|
Francesca Rossi (born December 7, 1962) is an Italian computer scientist, doing research in artificial intelligence. She is a full professor at the University of Padova. She is the president of the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and is Associate Editor in Chief of the Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research.
Education and career
She received her Laurea in Information Science from the University of Pisa in 1986, and a PhD in Computer Science from the same university in 1993.
She was an assistant professor (1992–1998) at the University of Pisa and an associate professor (1999–2001) of Computer Science at the University of Padova.
Since 2001 she is full professor of Computer Science at the University of Padova and currently on sabbatical as a Fellow of Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Studies, Harvard University.
Her research on artificial intelligence has a particular emphasis on preference modeling and reasoning, constraint processing, multi-agent systems. She has published widely in international journals and conferences and also edited several volumes, including the Handbook of Constraint Programming. She co-authored a book on preferences and social choice.
Awards and honors
- Radcliffe Fellow, 2014–2015
- President, International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, August 2013 – 2015
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) fellow, 2012
- Association for Constraint Programming distinguished service award, 2010
- European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence (ECCAI) fellow, 2008
- President of the Association for Constraint Programming, 2003–2007
- "University of Padova faculty page". University of Padova. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Radcliffe Institute fellows". Radcliffe Institute. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- Francesca Rossi at DBLP Bibliography Server
- "A Short Introduction to Preferences: Between Artificial Intelligence and Social Choice". Francesca Rossi, Kristen Brent Venable, TobyWalsh, Synthesis Lectures on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Morgan & Claypool Publishers, July 2011.