Francesco Massaro (born 1935) is an Italian director and screenwriter.
Born in Padua, Massaro started his career as assistant director of Luchino Visconti's The Leopard, then, during the sixties, continued to collaborate with eminent directors such as Pietro Germi, Dino Risi and Lucio Fulci. He debuted as director in 1972, with the commedia all'italiana Il generale dorme in piedi, then directed a number of comedy films and TV-series of good success.
- Il generale dorme in piedi (1972)
- La banca di Monate (1976)
- Il lupo e l'agnello (1980)
- I carabbinieri (1981)
- Miracoloni (1981)
- Al bar dello sport (1983)
- Domani mi sposo (1984)
- Private Affairs (1987)
- Roberto Poppi. I registi: dal 1930 ai giorni nostri. Gremese Editore, 2002. p. 277.